Zucchini is such an incredible, versatile veggie and one of my favorites. These curried zucchini pancakes are actually a play on the zucchini fritters that Marc’s mom would make for him growing up that he loved so much. I added a few of my own touches of course that made them into delectable little pancakes. They had such a super crispy exterior and a really creamy interior for a fantastic side dish!
When all three batches finished cooking, I just served the curried zucchini pancakes immediately. They were fantastic with a little apple sauce or sour cream. They made a perfect side dish, or they could have been an appetizer as well. I hope you enjoy this family inspired recipe, friends!
- 1 whole zucchini peeled and grated on the smallest holes of a box grater
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 a lemon zested and juiced
- 1 whole egg
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- olive oil as needed for pan frying
- Take the shredded zucchini and squeeze out some of the moisture by wrapping it in a paper towel and pressing it firmly. It does not have to be dry, just not soggy. Transfer it to a large bowl and stir it in with the Greek yogurt, ricotta, lemon zest, lemon juice, egg, garlic, dill, curry powder, dried onion, salt and flour. Make sure everything is combined well, then set the batter aside.
- Heat a thin layer of olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Once it is nice and hot use a 1.5 inch cookie scoop to easily scoop dollops of the batter into the pan, then lightly press the scoop of batter down with the back of the scoop to make a perfectly round little pancake. Fit 5 in the pan at a time.
- Pan fry the pancakes for about 2 minutes on the first side, then gently flip them to crisp up on the other side for another 2 minutes. Remove them to a plate lined with paper towel to blot them. Repeat with two more batches of 5 to make 15 little pancakes total.
- Once they are all cooked off, serve the pancakes on a big platter with whatever serving sauce you desire. They are amazing with apple sauce, sour cream, you name it. Enjoy!