I am still loving making on the go breakfasts for the week in this house! Last week I made my coconut almond energy bites and they were a huge and convenient hit. This time I was really itching to bake, but I still wanted to keep the recipe nutritious. So I came up with these incredible and adorable little banana coconut mini muffins. They were simple to make and were loaded with good things.
I ate one of these little beauties right away for an afternoon pick me up with tea and it was a complete delight. I’m always a sucker for any baked good with banana, and I loved the addition of coconut in these. I really hope you all love them too! They make a fantastic portable breakfast or snack and keep for a couple of days. xoxo
These banana coconut mini muffins are such cute little packages of huge flavor and nutrition with the fresh fruit, flax seeds, granola and coconut! Perfect for snacking or breakfast.
- coconut flavored cooking spray for spraying the mini muffin tin
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mahlab can be ordered on Amazon, or substitute nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 whole overripe bananas mashed
- 1 cup milk
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup granola whatever your favorite kind is
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 and spray a 24 well mini muffin very generously with the coconut cooking spray. Whisk the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, ground flax, cinnamon, mahlab and salt together in a large mixing bowl. Then whisk the mashed banana, milk, eggs and coconut extract together in another bowl. Pour those wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk it all together until it is a smooth batter. Switch to a spatula and fold in the shredded coconut and granola.
- Scoop enough batter into each mini muffin well to pretty much fill them to the top. Bake them for 15-20 minutes, until they are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out cleanly. Let them cool for 5 minutes, then turn the tin out onto a cooling rack to let them cool completely. Serve immediately and store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 2 days! Enjoy!!