White bean dip is basically the Italian version of hummus. I love to make it so much because it takes minutes to put together with no cooking needed whatsoever. I’ve made it for cast parties, as a snack for dinner guests to nosh on before the meal starts, and everything in between. I almost always have the simple ingredients on hand to make it in a snap for last minute get togethers!
That was all there was to it! I just scooped the white bean dip into a pretty bowl and served it with crackers. Pita chips are also awesome with it! Talk about a simple and yummy party bite! As always though, this can be adjusted to your preference. This version has a thin consistency simply because that’s how I like it. If the preference was to have it be a bit more thick, I would have started with half the amount of olive oil and then kept going until it was to where I wanted it. Hope you all enjoy this Mediterranean classic, friends! xoxo
- 1 can cannellini beans 15 oz size, drained but not rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- 1/2 a lemon zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon capers
- 1 cup herb infused olive oil
- pita chips to use for dipping
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the cannellini beans, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, parmesan, salt, crushed red pepper, and capers. Run the processor to bring it all together. Then slowly pour in the olive oil while the processor continues to run until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Scoop the mixture out into a pretty bowl and serve immediately with pita chips! This is a perfect, fast and super easy party snack sure to please a crowd.