There is a joke in my family at every gathering that I need my own whole basket of biscuits. I have no problem admitting that I am a huge carb fiend and biscuits are one of my biggest weaknesses! That is why I absolutely love making easy drop biscuits like these rosemary garlic biscuits.
I baked the rosemary garlic biscuits for about 15 minutes to let them just start to brown around the edges. They were still fluffy pillows in the middle! The final touch was to brush them all with more melted butter while they were hot. It just seeped into them and made them even more decadent. Once they cooled a bit, they were ready. I have to confess that I kept a stash at dinner just for me! Oh my goodness was I glad I did. These rosemary garlic biscuits were so fragrant, flavorful and fluffy. Try saying that three times fast! xoxo
Rosemary garlic biscuits are so buttery and incredible! Best of all, they are a cinch to make and perfect to go with any meal.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary leaves removed from the stem
- 1/2 cup freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 stick cold butter cubed, plus an additional tablespoon melted for brushing on top
- 1 cup cold buttermilk
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 and line two baking sheets with either silicone mats or parchment paper. In the bowl of a food processor combine the flour, baking powder, salt, garlic rosemary and cheddar. Pulse it to sift them together and get the garlic and rosemary chopped. Add the butter in next and pulse the mixture until it is pebbly. Lastly, run the processor while you slowly pour in the buttermilk just until it becomes a sticky dough.
- Use a 1.5 inch cookie scoop to scoop perfect little mounds of the dough onto the lined baking sheets. Using that measure you should get 25 cute little biscuits. Bake them for 15-20 minutes, until golden around the edges and baked through. When they are done, take them out and brush them all with the melted butter. Let them cool for a couple of minutes, then serve immediately!
9 thoughts on “Buttery Rosemary Garlic Biscuits”
Those sound delish! I love garlic flavor in biscuits!
Thanks very much!!
We usually enjoy Red lobster buiscuits. But anything from scartch has it’s own flavor. More authentic. Love this.
Thanks so much!!
You had me at buttery and garlic! Biscuits are my favorite part of any holiday meal.
Thanks very much!! Same here, I love biscuits.
Ooh, these biscuits look delicious! I love the touch of rosemary and garlic, I bet it makes it much more interesting than just the standard biscuits. I love fluffy biscuits.
These look so good! I love to have a simple side like this that is easy to put together.
Thanks very much!!
Comments are closed.