Thanksgiving is my favorite meal (and day as a whole) of the year for so many reasons. One of them is all of those amazing leftovers! I think all of that turkey, stuffing, and gravy gets even better the next day. The flavors develop even more. Putting them into a sandwich together is classic, but I thought I would use up the puff pastry I had in my freezer. So I put together these incredible Thanksgiving leftover turnovers! They came together in less than 30 minutes and could not be easier.
When they were done, it was time to enjoy my Thanksgiving leftovers in their awesome new package! Oh my goodness, the puff pastry was just amazing. It was so buttery and flaky and the perfect vehicle for all of that yumminess. I didn’t even feel like I was eating leftovers because these Thanksgiving leftover turnovers were such a fun, new way of eating them. Just one more reason to love Thanksgiving, friends. Enjoy! xoxo
Thanksgiving leftover turnovers are an incredible way to use up all of the deliciousness that's still sitting in the refrigerator from turkey day!
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry thawed
- 1 1/2 cups leftover pulled roasted turkey divided
- 1 cup leftover stuffing or dressing divided
- 4 tablespoons leftover turkey gravy
- 1 whole egg lightly beaten
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 and line a sheet tray with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Take the puff pastry sheet and cut it in half lengthwise. Lightly press each half out to be a little wider. Pile half of the turkey on one side of the sheet, leaving a border. Add the stuffing and gravy on top of the turkey. Bring the other half of the sheet over and crimp the edges together well. Repeat the process on the other puff pastry sheet with the remain turkey, stuffing and gravy.
- Brush the beaten egg all over the turnover, especially around the edges to help seal them. Transfer both turnovers to the lined sheet and bake them for about 20 minutes. The puff pastry will become golden and glorious. Serve them immediately and enjoy your Thanksgiving leftovers in a delectable puff pastry package!