Crispy treats are such a quintessential dessert classic. They’re easy and fast to make, not to mention so yummy. Both my husband and I grew up on them as a childhood favorite, but that didn’t mean we couldn’t enjoy them as adults! When I made my homemade mint marshmallows this week I decided to use a lot of them to make these delectable mint chocolate crispy treats.
Once the tray of mint chocolate crispy treats cooled completely, I just cut them into squares. Oh my goodness, the second I bit into one I was transported to my childhood. It had that fantastic gooey texture with loads of amazing chocolate mint flavor. They were such a fun take on the classic that Marc and I absolutely loved. They kept well in sealed containers too so we could savor them slowly over the week. Hope you all enjoy this childhood favorite as much as we did!
These mint chocolate crispy treats take the classic and take them to a new level! Using homemade mint marshmallows makes all the difference.
- 4 tablespoons butter plus additional for greasing the pan
- 10 ounces mint flavored marshmallows either store bought or my homemade recipe from 8/12/16
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 cups chocolate rice cereal
- 1 box chocolate mint candies roughly chopped
- Take a 9 x 13 baking pan and grease it well with butter. Then get a large saucepan on the stove and melt the 4 tablespoons of butter over medium high heat. Add in the marshmallows and pinch of salt and stir it all together until the marshmallows are completely melted. Pour in the chocolate rice cereal and stir it all together thoroughly to coat the cereal in the marshmallow cream. Quickly turn the mixture out into the prepared pan and press it out into a firm, even layer. Then evenly sprinkle the mint candies on top while it is still hot. Let it cool completely for at least an hour, then cut into squares and serve!