Granola is such a staple in this house. I love it in my yogurt, my cookies, as part of wonderful streusel topping, you name it. I recently discovered how easy it is to make my own and I’ve never looked back since! I experimented a lot and this version of maple pecan granola has emerged as my absolute favorite. It’s healthy, flavorful, slightly sweet and gloriously crunchy. It also took no time at all to put together before it had to bake and dry out!
Once it was dried out, the maple pecan granola was ready to be packed up. I transferred it to sealable containers, where it will keep perfectly for a month. I’ve been having it in my morning yogurt and oatmeal and loving every bite. Best of all, I knew everything that was in it and I could pronounce every ingredient. I was a little mad at myself that I had gone so long without making my own granola! Hope you all give it a try, it will change your life. xoxo
It is so surprisingly easy to make your own granola! This homemade maple pecan granola is crunchy perfection for snacking in countless ways.
- olive oil as needed to lightly grease the tray
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 1 1/2 cups shelled sunflower seeds
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup water
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees and line a sheet tray with a silicone mat so that the granola doesn't stick too badly. Lightly grease the mat with olive oil. Combine the oats, pecans, raisins, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, salt, maple syrup and water together in a large mixing bowl. Stir it together thoroughly. Spread the mixture out into a thin single layer on the prepared sheet tray and bake it for 30 minutes.
- When the 30 minutes are up, take the tray out and turn off the oven. Break the granola up and toss it well, then put the tray back into the oven to dry out completely for 2 hours. When the two hours are up, transfer the granola into sealable containers. This recipe makes about 8 cups and can be stored for up to a month to be used in countless ways!