When it comes to Italian desserts, it doesn’t get much better than a classic lemon ricotta cheesecake. The way the lemon cuts through the richness of the ricotta is so amazing. I LOVED this dessert growing up so much. I put my own big old twist on it by making the most incredible crust using plain almond biscotti. It just gave the cake an amazing extra dimension of flavor! I prepared that crust first.
Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake
1 hr 45 mins
5 hrs 5 mins
Lemon ricotta cheesecake is such a classic and amazing Italian dessert! This version has a biscotti crust to send it over the top.
Keyword: Cheesecake, Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake
Servings: 1 cake
Calories: 303 kcal
FOR THE BISCOTTI CRUST
- 14 whole almond biscotti cookies
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 stick butter melted
FOR THE RICOTTA CHEESECAKE FILLING
- 2 pounds whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 whole lemons zested
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 whole eggs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 and grease the bottom of a 9 1/2 inch springform pan with soft butter or shortening. Set up a food processor and get the biscotti into its bowl. Run the processor until the biscotti become a fine crumb. Combine the biscotti crumbs with the cinnamon and butter in a bowl and stir it all together well. It should become like wet sand. Transfer the mixture to the bottom of the springform pan and press it out into an even layer. Use the bottom of a glass to really press it all down firmly into a solid crust. Bake the crust for 15 minutes to lightly brown it. Then take it out and let it cool. Reduce the oven heat to 300.
- While the crust bakes and cools, prepare the filling. Set up a stand mixer with the paddle attachment and combine the ricotta, sugar and lemon zest in its bowl. Beat all of that together well until smooth and fluffy. Add the cinnamon, lemon extract, salt and vanilla, letting them get completely mixed in. Pour in each egg one at a time. Once they are stirred in, turn the speed to low and slowly add in the flour. Let the flour just get mixed in, then the batter is done!
- Grease the sides of the springform pan now so the cheesecake doesn't stick. Pour the cheesecake batter in over the crust and smooth it out evenly with a spatula. Bake the cake for about an hour and half, until it is golden on top and completely set. Let it cool for at least 30 minutes before releasing it from the pan. Transfer it to a sealable cake plate and let it chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours. Then slice and serve!
Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake
Amount Per Serving (1 slice)
Calories 303 Calories from Fat 136
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 5.6g35%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
24 thoughts on “Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake”
I love lemon desserts and cheesecake so combining the flavours sounds like a dream to me! I’ll have to try this out.
I’m so happy to get this comment because this is one of my absolute favorite desserts I’ve ever made. Thanks so much for checking it out!
My landlord just gave me a basket of lemons. I’ve already made lemon bars. Now I know what to do with the rest of the lemons. I love lemon deserts. This sounds fantastic!
Thank you so much, I hope you enjoy it!! 🙂
This looks amazing!
Thank you so much!!
I personally don’t really like ricotta, but I LOVE lemon-this seems like it would really cut the ricotta flavor! I’ll have to give this a try!
Yes, I definitely do not like ricotta just on its own. I need a lot with it to cut through. I hope you love this if you try it, thanks for the comment!! :-).
This looks so yummy! I don’t normally love cheesecake but this is something I could get behind.
It is definitely not a typical cheesecake! Thanks so much for checking out the recipe!! 🙂
I’ve never had a lemon cheesecake before, but this looks incredible! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
You’re very welcome, thanks for checking it out! I hope you try it out and enjoy it :-).
oOo…I love lemon everything & all kinds of cheesecake! What a great recipe! I will definitely have to try this one! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks so much, I hope you love it!
You had my attention with the word cheesecake, it’s my favorite dessert. I’ve never had one with biscotti crust before.
The biscotti crust makes it!!
This looks amazing, I cannot wait to try it!!
Thanks so much!!
My middle daughter has a new thing for lemon desserts! I’ll have to make this one for her.
Awesome, hope she loves this one!!
I love this beautiful dessert! The ricotta filling, sweet crust and zesty lemon makes this a great summertime recipe.
Thank you so much, I appreciate that!!
Just wondering how much the biscotti will be when crushed (in cups/by voulume) as the cookies are not always a standard size…Thank you.
The cookies I used were on the smaller side, they worked out to be about a cup of crumbs. Hope that helps. Thanks!!
Comments are closed.