One of my favorite sources of inspiration is seeing what my friends are eating on social media. My friend Abbey posted a photo of a lavender crepe filled with lemon curd that she had. After I wiped a small amount of drool off of my keyboard, I decided I needed to make my own lavender lemon curd crepes. It seemed so perfect for Easter with the gorgeous citrus and floral notes, so I set about developing the recipe! First, I tackled the lemon curd. My easy homemade version came out so perfectly, so be sure to check out that recipe if you want to make your own! It was luscious and creamy and basically sunshine in a jar. Store bought lemon curd would have worked fine here too though. Then it was time for the crepes!
These lavender lemon curd crepes are so bright and fresh as a spring dessert. There's nothing wrong with having them for breakfast either!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground lavender
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter melted, plus additional for greasing the crepe pan
- 1 cup lemon curd either homemade or store bought
- 1 whole lemon zested for topping
- powdered sugar as needed for sprinkling on top
- Combine the flour, ground lavender and salt together in a large mixing bowl. Whisk those dry ingredients together to aerate them. In another bowl whisk the eggs, milk and vanilla together. Pour those wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk it all together into a smooth batter. To finish it, whisk in the melted butter. Set the batter aside.
- Heat a crepe pan or large, very shallow skillet over medium high heat and grease it well with butter. Scoop 3/4 cup of the batter into the pan and rotate the pan off of the heat to let the batter completely coat the bottom. Let the crepe cook for a minute or two on the first side before carefully flipping it with a spatula. Let it cook for another minute or two on the other side, then set the crepe on a plate. Repeat with the remaining batter to make 4 crepes total.
- Take the first crepe and spread 2 tablespoons of the lemon curd on one half of it. Fold the other half over, then spread another 2 tablespoons on half of the folded half. Fold the other half over again to have a perfect little layered triangle. Repeat with the other three crepes. Then top them all with lemon zest and powdered sugar. Serve immediately and enjoy!
20 thoughts on “Lavender Lemon Curd Crepes”
Sounds and looks so yummy. But I’m really scared of experimenting with lavender or any kind of bold herbs. I definitely need expand my horizons
Oh the key is to pair lavender with some kind of citrus like this. That way it doesn’t taste like soap, the tart citrus cuts through it. Don’t be intimidated, definitely try it out! Thanks so much for stopping by!! :-).
My mom used to make crepes all the time!!! This looks delicious!
Thank you so much!!
These would be so perfect for Easter and Spring!
Oh absolutely!! I can’t wait to make them again for the dessert table. Thanks for stopping by!
I havent eaten breakfast yet and now I am starving. This looks delicious and I love lemon anything.
Thank you so much!!
I love the kick that lemon gives! This looks so good and simple to make.
Thank you so much!! It really is simple.
Lemon curd is amazing! I’ll have to try your version with these crepes!
Thank you!! Let me know how it comes out!
These look delicious. I am not much of a baker, but I want to be. I think I’ll give these crepes my best effort. My family will enjoy them.
These are so simple, I know you can make them!! Let me know how it goes!
My Nana was a huge lemon fan. I bet she would have loved this!
I bet she would have, too!
Yum! I love lavender, and I love lemon curd. Bookmarking this recipe, thank you!
Awesome, thanks very much!!
These look and sound so delicious! I was just telling my husband how I couldn’t wait to make some crepes!! I will be making these over the weekend 🙂
Oh wonderful, I hope you enjoy them!! Let me know what you think, thanks for the kind words.
Comments are closed.