My family is definitely a bunch of chocoholics, so I come by it honestly. So when I was planning dessert for Easter, there definitely had to be something super decadent and chocolate! I was already making my coconut carrot Easter cake, so I thought these incredibly fudgy chocolate brownies would be perfect to round out the dessert table. Let’s be real, it wouldn’t have been Easter without chocolate! The batter was super simple to make.
Oh my goodness, these babies were perfection! The chocolate was allowed to shine, with the cinnamon and brown sugar enhancing it. I had to do a batch this week. You know, for practice to make sure they were perfect for this weekend. It was a tough job, let me tell you. I can’t wait to bring these chocolate brownies to my Easter table this weekend. They will be a hit for sure. Hope you all enjoy this classic as much as I did! xoxo
These decadent chocolate brownies are so amazing for any occasion! The batter is simple, scrumptious and makes them particularly fudgy and gooey.
- 6 ounces unsweetened bakers chocolate roughly chopped
- 5 tablespoons butter sliced into 5 pieces
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 whole eggs yolks separated from whites
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pre-heat the oven to 325. Line an 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment paper and spray the parchment paper well with cooking spray. Combine the chocolate and butter in a large mixing bowl. Get a small pot filled halfway with water on the stove and bring it to a gentle simmer over medium heat. Set the bowl over the simmer water to let the chocolate and butter melt together. Stir it all with a heat proof spatula until it is completely smooth and shiny. Take the bowl off of the heat and let it cool for a minute.
- Whisk the sugar into the chocolate mixture, followed by the vanilla, egg yolks, flour, salt and cinnamon just until it is all combined. It it will incredibly thick and a little grainy but don't worry. Then use a hand mixer to whip up the egg whites until they become doubled in size but not to the point of it forming stiff peaks. Use a spatula to fold the egg whites into the rest of the batter just until it disappears. Transfer the batter into the prepared baking dish and smooth it out to be even.
- Bake the brownies for about 30 minutes, until it looks dull on top and a toothpick comes out cleanly. Then let them cool completely before cutting them into 16 equal squares. Enjoy!
12 thoughts on “The Fudgiest Chocolate Brownies”
Happy Easter Leigh and Marc!!! Cheryl xo
Happy Easter to you too my friend!! Enjoy!!! xoxo
My mouth is watering, those look so good! Confession: I’ve only ever made brownies from a box ?
Thanks so much!! Nothing wrong with making brownies from a box, I’ve done it dozens of times :-).
I’m drooling! I am on a diet right now but I have to make this on my cheat day!
Oh yes, these are perfect for those cheat days!
Mmm, I love brownies, and these look amazing! I was wanting something chocolatey today. I might try this recipe tomorrow. Thanks 🙂
I hope you do try it, let me know what you think!! Thank you :-).
This is one of my favorite treats ever! I love chocolate 🙂
One of mine too! I live for chocolate :-).
Wow! These brownies look soooo yummy! My son will really love this.
Thanks very much!!
Comments are closed.