I’m not even sure that this can even really be called a recipe. I love making these goat cheese, fig and balsamic crostini for any party, whether it is one I am throwing or one I am going to. They are always such a big hit! I brought them to a Halloween party on Saturday night. Marc’s cousin Kelly and her husband Jon throw a big party every year at their house and they really go all out. We were so happy we could make it this year, it was a blast!
It was easy as that! I packed them neatly in a tray and brought them to the party. One of the many reasons I love this appetizer for a party is that it is ideal at room temperature. There was no worrying about keeping them hot or keeping them chilled. These goat cheese, fig and balsamic crostini could not have been easier to make either and they were really a show stopper. The flavors and textures worked so well in one perfect bite. I hope you all enjoy this simple recipe! xoxo
- 1 whole baguette
- 1/2 stick butter melted
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 pound goat cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 jar fig butter or fig jam 11 oz size
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Take the baguette and slice it into little 1/2 inch slices to make the crostini. Transfer the slices of bread to a baking sheet fitted with a rack and brush each one generously with the melted butter.
- Get the baking sheet into the oven to let the bread get nice and toasted for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, make the balsamic reduction. In a small pot, bring the balsamic to a gentle boil over medium heat on the stove. Let it reduce by half into a thicker syrup. Take it off of the heat and set it aside.
- Take the crostini out of the oven and let them cool a minute. Then scoop a tablespoon of the softened goat cheese onto each slice of toast and smooth each scoop out. Dollop a half tablespoon of the fig butter onto each crostini on top of the goat cheese and spread it out a little. Finally, drizzle a generous amount of the balsamic reduction on top of each of the crostini. Serve them immediately for a perfect party bite!