We love chicken and curry in this house a whole lot. Since chicken can be bland, I think curry is such a fantastic way to spice it up. Meatballs are also one of my favorite foods in the world. Marc and I are still going without pork or beef though, so we are sticking with poultry based meatballs. So this week, I combined our love of chicken curry and meatballs with these incredible coconut curry chicken meatballs. They were simple, crazy flavorful and really easy on the waistline.
That was all there was to making these coconut curry chicken meatballs! I served them over a big bed of quinoa for a complete, healthy meal. I loved how comforting it was without being heavy at all. It kept Marc and I on track for our health goals. Hope you all love them too! xoxo
These coconut curry chicken meatballs are huge on flavor without being heavy! They're easy to make and perfect for serving over quinoa or cauliflower rice for a healthy, complete dinner.
- 1/3 cup baby spinach
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 whole shallot peeled and halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro plus additional for garnish
- 1 whole lemon zested
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger peeled
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch curry powder
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 3/4 cups coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- First, make the meatballs. Pre-heat the oven to 400 and line a sheet tray with foil. Set up a food processor and combine all of the meatball ingredients except the chicken in its bowl. Puree it all together into a fine mixture. Then remove the blade and add the ground chicken into the bowl. Mix it all together well with clean hands. Then roll the mixture into roughly 1 1/2 inch balls and lay them out on the lined tray. The mixture should be enough to make 18. Bake the meatballs for 25 minutes.
- While the meatballs bake, make the sauce. Get out a large skillet with deep sides and pour the coconut milk in it. Heat it up over medium high heat just until it starts to bubble. Add the curry paste, almond butter, salt and garlic powder. Let it gently simmer for 15 minutes, stirring often. When the meatballs are done, add them to the sauce. Let the meatballs simmer in the sauce for another 10 minutes. Serve the meatballs and sauce immediately over quinoa or rice! Enjoy!!