I have a whole lot of loved ones in my life that love peanut butter. That goes triple for my wonderful hubby. It’s one of his favorite foods! So I always make some form of peanut butter flavored cookie when I do my Holiday baking. These classic peanut butter cookies are always a huge hit and they come together easily!
I kept a dozen out of the four dozen peanut butter cookies I made since they’re such a favorite. Oh my goodness was I glad I did! There was fantastic crunch from the chunky peanut butter and that coating of sugar on the outside. The rest was soft, chewy goodness. I also just love how pretty the criss cross marks made them. I have a little secret that won’t be so secret now. I LOVE to spread a spoonful of strawberry jam on these babies to almost have a PB & J dessert. I hope you and your loved ones enjoy these scrumptious delights this Holiday season! xoxo
Peanut butter cookies are such a classic and so amazing. They have loads of flavor and texture for a perfect bite. They're made for Holiday baking!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 2 sticks butter softened to room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar plus an additional 1/2 cup for coating
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup super chunky peanut butter no natural peanut butter, it won't work
- 2 whole eggs
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 and line 4 cookie sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper. In a bowl whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon together to aerate the dry ingredients. Set it aside. Then combine the butter, sugars, and peanut butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat that all together until creamy and fluffy. Add the eggs in one at a time until mixed in. Then turn the speed the low and slowly add the dry ingredients until it becomes a gorgeous cookie dough.
- Put the extra 1/2 cup of sugar into a small bowl. Use a 1.5 inch cookie scoop to scoop out perfect portions of the dough and roll them into balls. Coat each ball of dough in the sugar and line them up on the prepared baking sheets. One dozen should fit perfectly per sheet. Dip a fork in the remaining sugar and gently press each cookie down with it going vertically, then horizontally through the center of each one. This will create the signature criss-cross marks.
- Bake the cookies two trays at a time for 12 minutes each batch. Halfway through, rotate the trays to make sure they bake evenly. When they come out, let them cool for a few minutes on the trays before transferring them to cooling racks to finish cooling. Once they are all cooled, pack them up in airtight containers or tins to enjoy and give out as gifts!
14 thoughts on “Classic Peanut Butter Cookies”
What a clever idea!
Thank you so much! 🙂
Oh my Yum! Happy Holidays Leigh and Marc! Your Florida bud always, Cheryl
Thank you, my friend!! Happy Holidays right back to you and yours. Your TK bud always 🙂
These look so good! Thank you for posting the recipe – your Grandmas sound like they were wonderful cooks 🙂
I really appreciate that, they were special ladies. Thanks very much!
I’ve been craving classic peanut butter cookies so this is perfect timing! I can’t wait to make these!
Wonderful, enjoy them!!
I always burn peanut butter cookies but will have someone make me these for sure!
I hope you get to try them!! Thanks so much.
They look yummy, unfortuntely they’re not vegan so I have to find a vegan option, but thank for your recipe x
That looks so good! Great recipe xx
Thanks very much!!
Comments are closed.