There’s nothing like a sandwich for a fast lunch or dinner. The possibilities are endless on what to put on them! This tomato avocado ranch sandwich celebrates all of my favorite summery produce. It was piled high with fresh Jersey tomatoes, creamy mashed avocado and basil.
I made sure I gently pressed it together to really make sure it stayed put. Then it was time to dig in! Those fresh Jersey tomatoes just get me every time. They’re so amazing and juicy and slightly sweet and did I mention juicy? Then the creamy avocado, herbaceous basil, tangy ranch and crunchy toast just brought it all home. I love to make these tomato avocado ranch sandwiches for lunch or a fast weeknight dinner. Hope you all enjoy the simple goodness!
- 2sliceswhole grain breadtoasted
- 2tablespoonsranch dressingdivided
- 1small tomatothinly sliced
- 1/2an avocadopeeled, pitted and mashed
- 2wholebasil leavesroughly chopped
- Take the two slices of toast and smear a tablespoon of ranch dressing on each of them. Spread the mashed avocado on top of the ranch on the first slice. Then evenly distribute the tomato slices and chopped basil on top of the mashed avocado. Close the sandwich with the other slice of toast and serve immediately!