I think there are two types of people in this world. There are those who find doing dishes meditative and soothing. My sister and my father in law are both in that category. Then there’s me. I love cooking and baking more than almost anything, but I despise doing dishes. So when I am dreaming up recipes I try to use as few pans and dishes as possible. That’s why I am seriously in love with this recipe for sheet pan lemon balsamic chicken and veggies. It all roasted on one sheet tray for the easiest clean up ever!
When it was done, I just served everything immediately. Oh my goodness, that marinade made everything so flavorful. It had a lot of Italian influence, which I loved. The vinegar also really made the chicken so tender and juicy. Best of all, it could not have been easier to put this recipe together. I love it when dinner is a cinch! Hope you all love it too. xoxo
This sheet pan lemon balsamic chicken and veggies is such a simple and flavorful meal! It also just needs one pan for easy clean up.
- 1.2 pounds chicken tenders boneless and skinless
- 1/4 cup white lemon balsamic vinegar can be found in most oil and vinegar shops
- 1/4 cup zesty Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 whole basil leaves roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried onion
- 1 pint grape tomatoes halved
- 2 whole carrots peeled and cut into rounds
- 10 ounces brussel sprouts halved
- salt as needed
- freshly cracked black pepper as needed
- First, put the chicken into a large zip top bag. Then combine the balsamic, zesty Italian dressing, honey, basil, garlic powder and dried onion in a bowl and whisk it all together. Pour half of that mixture into the zip top bag with the chicken and squish it around to make sure the chicken is coated. Set it in the refrigerator to marinate for 30 minutes. While the chicken marinates, combine the tomatoes, carrots and brussel sprouts in the bowl of remaining marinade and toss it all together thoroughly. Set it aside.
- When the chicken is almost done marinating, preheat the oven to 400 and line a sheet tray with a silicone mat. Lay out the marinated chicken in a single layer on one half, and the marinated veggies in a single layer on the other side. Season everything with a sprinkle of salt and pepper on top, then roast everything for 25 minutes. Take it out and serve immediately. Enjoy!