There’s no way around it. Pumpkin is everywhere and I love it. I stocked up on 6 cans of puree when it was on sale and I am not afraid to use it. This weekend it was all about using it for brunch. So I took my basic French toast recipe and doctored it up to be fall perfection. It was so simple and quick to whip up.
I served the pumpkin French toast with a big dollop of the whipped cream on top and a drizzle of syrup. When the whipped cream hit the hot French toast it started to pool and run all over the place in the best way. Oh my goodness, it was truly fall brunch perfection. Hope you all love it! xoxo
This is such an amazing version of pumpkin French toast that is perfect for fall. It's served with pumpkin spiced whipped cream for extra decadence!
- 4 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 thick slices brioche bread
- 1 tablespoon butter for the griddle
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- maple syrup as needed
- Whisk the eggs, heavy cream, pumpkin puree, dark brown sugar, pumpkin spice and salt together in a bowl thoroughly until it is a thick, gorgeous custard. Then get out an electric griddle and pre-heat it to 375 or use a griddle pan and heat it over medium high heat. Grease the griddle with the butter. Dip each slice of bread for 5 seconds on each side in the custard and place them right on the griddle after you dip them. Cook them for about 2-3 minutes on each side, until they are golden.
- While they cook, make the simple whipped cream. Pour the heavy cream in a bowl and use a hand mixer to whip it up until it becomes stiff. Mix in the powdered sugar and pumpkin spice until it is thoroughly combined. Serve the cooked French toast with a generous dollop of the whipped cream on top and a drizzle of syrup. Enjoy!