Whenever I am doing a show I always bake a few batches of cookies to bring to my fellow cast and crew mates. They’re a nice sugar rush to get us through long rehearsals and the high energy performances! My favorite dessert combination in the world is chocolate with mint, so for my Urinetown cast and crew it was all about these mint chocolate chip cookies. The show name sounds weird, I know. I’ll be getting into that in a later post! Anyway, these babies are a cinch to make.
Once both batches baked and cooled, I sealed them in an airtight container and brought them to the theater! They were great for snacking on with the rest of the goodies we had back stage. Hope you all enjoy these delectable mint chocolate chip cookies as much as my cast and crew mates did! xoxo
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 sticks butter softened to room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 teaspoons mint extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 4 whole peppermint patty candies unwrapped and coarsely chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 and line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper. In a bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Whisk those ingredients together to aerate them. Get out the trusty stand mixer and combine the butter with the two sugars in its bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugars together until the mixture is fluffy. Add the eggs in one at a time and let them get mixed in. Then add in the mint extract. Turn the mixer speed to low and slowly pour in the dry ingredient mixture until a sticky dough forms. Turn the mixer off and switch to a rubber spatula to push down the sides and make sure everything is well combined. Then use the spatula to fold in the chocolate chips and peppermint patty candies.
- Use a 1.5 inch cookie scoop to scoop even mounds of dough onto the cookie sheets. Be sure to leave enough room for them to spread! I usually easily fit a dozen onto a sheet. Once the two sheets are full bake the cookies for about 12 minutes in the 375 oven. Take them out and let them cool for 10 minutes or so.
- Once they are cool enough, transfer them to a rack to finish cooling and scoop out the second batch. This recipe ended up yielding 44 cookies for me using my 1.5 inch scoop so the second batch was not even a full two dozen. Once the second batch is baked off and cooled, just seal the cookies in airtight containers and enjoy snacking on them!
2 thoughts on “Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies”
Love anything mint and chocolate related so these cookies are an instant hit for me. They look incredible!
Thank you so much!! They are definitely a favorite around this house now 😀
Comments are closed.