I just discovered the sheer joy of overnight oats pretty recently. If I’m being honest, it didn’t appeal to me at first because the oats aren’t cooked. I’m also so used to my hot oatmeal packets and I am quite a creature of habit sometimes. I decided to try them out this week though and made mascarpone fig overnight oats. Oh wow was I proven wrong! It was such an easy, convenient breakfast to make. Best of all, it was so darn yummy!
In the morning the oat mixture really thickened to be like oatmeal. The mascarpone and fig jam just made the whole thing so creamy and flavorful. I was in love! I also was so happy that I could easily pack it to take it on the go in the mason jars. Hope you all love it too! It’s wonderful to wake up to breakfast already made. xoxo
Mascarpone fig overnight oats are the perfect way to start the day. Just pile the ingredients into mason jars and you have a yummy, hearty breakfast on the go!
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 container vanilla Greek yogurt 5.3 ounce size
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2/3 cup fig jam divided in half
- Stir the oats, milk, yogurt, flax and cinnamon together thoroughly in a big mixing bowl. Divide the mixture evenly among two mason jars. Then stir the mascarpone and honey together until smooth and divide that among the two jars on top of the oat mixture. Finally, spoon 1/3 cup fig jam into each jar on the very top. Seal the mason jars and refrigerate them overnight. Serve in the morning or take it on the go!