My husband and I were out for lunch recently and had the most incredible salad. It was loaded with flavorful chicken, mandarin oranges, peanuts and a gorgeous soy ginger dressing. We loved it! I really wanted to have it again this week, so I made my own version right at home. Oh my goodness was I happy with how it came out. Best of all it was super simple to make!
When we sat down to eat we were so happy. It tasted just like the salad we had out at lunch! The sweet oranges worked so well with the savory chicken and crunchy peanuts. This mandarin chicken salad satisfied like a complete meal with loads of flavor! Hope you all enjoy it. xoxo
This is such a simple and amazing mandarin chicken salad that satisfies like a complete meal. The gorgeous soy ginger dressing just makes it!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's seasoned salt
- 1 package baby spinach 5 ounce size
- 1 bunch scallions green only, thinly sliced
- 1 can mandarin oranges drained, 15 ounce size
- 1 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup olive oil
- First, prepare the chicken. Pre-heat the oven to 350 and line a sheet tray with a silicone mat. Combine the chicken, sesame oil, olive oil, Chinese five spice, garlic powder, and Lawry's seasoned salt together in a zip top bag. Mush it all together well so that the chicken gets coated. Then lay it out on the sheet tray in a single layer and bake the chicken for 25 minutes. While it bakes assemble the rest of the salad. Simply toss the rest of the ingredients together in a large salad bowl.
- Make the dressing as well at this point. Wrap a bowl in a cold, wet towel to help it emulsify. Whisk the soy sauce, mustard, sesame oil, vinegar, garlic, ginger and salt together well in the bowl. Then slowly pour in the olive oil while you keep whisking until it is a gorgeous dressing. If it settles just stir it more to make it uniform again. Take the cooked chicken and dice it up into small chunks. Then toss the chicken and dressing with the rest of the salad and serve it immediately! Enjoy!
10 thoughts on “Mandarin Chicken Salad”
Talk about a tasty and ‘green’ lunch/dinner. ?
By making and eating this meal I won’t feel so guilty….. I’m talking about my lemon cupcakes….LOL! YAY for dessert!
Healthier eating isn’t always a priority for me, I try, but I don’t always succeed.
Baked chicken is good and mixing in fruit with my salad is good.
I’m thinking of mixing in some arugula too, more ‘green’, yay me!
I’m really liking your dressing, it’s a keeper.
Have a nice evening!
You have a nice evening as well Dalila, and thanks so much!!
This looks so good! I’ve made pecan mandarin salad, but the ginger dressing and chicken sounds like it’d be amazing! Saving to try later!
Thank you so much, I hope you love it!!
I love your take on a mandarin chicken salad! The marinade and the dressing look so flavorful! Can’t wait to make this!!! I also adore your title “a love letter….” I celebrate my mom’s and my grandmother’s recipes on my blog too.
That’s so wonderful that you celebrate their recipes!! I love it. Hope you enjoy the salad, thanks so much for the kind words :-).
Thanks for the recipe, it looks yummy <3
Thanks so much!! <3
Easy and palatable salad idea, Jeanine and Lulu! Great option for quick and healthy lunch!
Thank you so much Agness!
Comments are closed.