After some really gorgeous weather it became really cold again here in NJ. At least I got to soak up some Vitamin D while it lasted! This weekend it went down to 20F so we needed something cozy for breakfast. That’s where this incredible sausage sweet potato breakfast skillet came in. It was so hearty and simple to make!
That was all there was to making this yummy sausage sweet potato breakfast skillet! I served it immediately for brunch and I was one happy woman. As we ate the winter chill just melted away for a bit, especially with great coffee to wash it down. xoxo
Sausage Sweet Potato Breakfast Skillet
This is an incredible sausage sweet potato breakfast skillet that is so loaded with flavor. It's perfect to whip up for breakfast or Sunday brunch!
Keyword: Breakfast Skillet, Sausage Sweet Potato Breakfast Skillet
Calories: 350 kcal
- olive oil as needed
- 3/4 pound ground breakfast sausage
- 2 medium sweet potatoes diced small
- 1/2 an onion finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Lawry's seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup extra sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 whole eggs cracked into individual little bowls
- fresh parsley coarsely chopped as needed for garnish
- Get out a large cast iron skillet and heat a big dash of olive oil in it over medium high heat. Brown the sausage in it as you break it up. Add the sweet potato and onion and toss it with the sausage. Season everything with the salt, garlic powder, crushed red pepper and cinnamon and stir it all well. Then let everything sit undisturbed for 5 minutes so that it develops a crust. Stir everything again well and add the Worcestershire sauce. Let the mixture sit undisturbed again for another 5 minutes to let the potatoes cook through thoroughly and develop even more of a crust.
- Stir in the cheddar at this point and let it melt right in. Then make 4 little pockets in the mixture and drizzle a little olive oil in each one so that the eggs don't stick. Gently pour an egg into each pocket. Cover the pan and let the eggs set for about 2 minutes. Garnish it all with a big sprinkle of fresh parsley and serve immediately! Enjoy!
Sausage Sweet Potato Breakfast Skillet
Amount Per Serving (1 serving)
Calories 350 Calories from Fat 164
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 5.7g36%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
16 thoughts on “Sausage Sweet Potato Breakfast Skillet”
I am sooo loving this whole sweet-potatoes for breakfast thing. SO much flavor and the perfect pop with those eggs and sausage. Can’t wait to try this one out!
Thank you so much!! I hope you love it 🙂
This is a wonderful morning breakfast, even a dinner for me, why not?! ?
I like cooking in my iron skillet, it’s a great pan to have.
I’m thinking of buying more in different shapes.
Have you seen the heart-shaped one? LOVE it!
I will be trying this dish soon, luckily I do have all the ingredients already.
Oh I would totally eat this for dinner too Dalila!! It is really hearty and satisfying. I’ve never seen the heart shaped cast iron pan but I think I need one!! It would be great for a romantic meal :-).
This recipe is amazing, Jeanie and Lulu! Great and nutrient-dense lunch idea!
Thank you, Agness!! It was a huge hit in this house 🙂
This looks amazing!!! This is definitely going on my menu for the week!
Thanks very much!!
Mm, I’m all about a hearty breakfast. Give me protein and veggies in the morning, any day!
Right?! It’s the best!
oh this looks pretty simple, my husband would love it too!
It is simple and soooo good!!
My husband would love this…but not now! He’s on diet lol
Hopefully he can have it for a treat or when he’s done!
I love this idea! I think I would swap for vegan sausage and will make it tomorrow for brunch! Healthy and nutritious 🙂
Ooooh, love that idea!!
Comments are closed.