When I was hankering for a simple grab and go treat this weekend, I went to muffins. They are always so quick and effortless to make, and I wanted to get out the door quickly to have some summer fun with Marc. This time I was inspired by fresh summer flavors when I came up with these delectable little lemon blueberry muffins!
I sealed the muffins in containers in a single layer so that the glaze wouldn’t get all smeared. Then hubby and I could grab them and get going on what we needed to do all weekend. They kept for over a day in the refrigerator! We also got to bring half of them to friends. Hope you all enjoy this summery breakfast treat! xoxo
These lemon blueberry muffins are so fresh tasting and airy for an amazing summer breakfast treat! The blueberry balsamic glaze on top just makes them.
- 1 3/4cupsall-purpose flour
- 3/4cupgranulated sugarplus an additional 1/2 tablespoon for the blueberries
- 1tablespoonbaking powder
- 1/4teaspoonbaking soda
- 1cupplain greek yogurt
- 1/4cupfresh lemon juice
- 1cupfresh blueberries
- 2/3cuppowdered sugar
- 1tablespoonblueberry balsamic vinegar
- lemon zestas needed for topping
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 and line two 12 well muffin pans with liner papers. Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a large mixing bowl to aerate them. Whisk the lemon zest, milk, Greek yogurt, lemon juice and eggs together in another bowl until smooth. Pour those wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk it all together just until it is a smooth batter.
- Stir the blueberries with the extra 1/2 tablespoon of sugar. This helps them stay suspended in the batter instead of sinking to the bottom. Then use a spatula to gently fold the blueberries into the batter. Use a 1.5 inch cookie scoop to drop two scoops of batter into each lined muffin well to get 24 total. Bake the muffins for about 20 minutes, until puffy and baked through. A toothpick inserted in the center of one should come out cleanly. Let them cool for 30 minutes.
- While the muffins cool, prepare the easy glaze. Just stir the powdered sugar, blueberry balsamic vinegar and water together in a bowl until it is smooth and shiny. Drizzle each of the cooled muffins with the glaze and sprinkle them all with extra lemon zest on top. Serve them immediately or store them in airtight containers in a single layer in the refrigerator for up to a day!