When it came to coming up with a great summer appetizer from some friends, I turned to what I had on hand to save lots of time and aggravation. I almost always have puff pastry in my freezer, which formed the most perfect base for these artichoke, tomato and goat cheese tartlets! They had all of the Italian flair that I love so much and were so easy to make.
Oh my goodness these artichoke, tomato and goat cheese tartlets worked so beautifully. The briny artichokes were perfect with the juicy tomato and creamy goat cheese. It was the perfect bite. They could not have been more simple to make either. My friends went nuts for them! Hope you all enjoy this amazing summer appetizer. xoxo
These artichoke, tomato and goat cheese tartlets are such a perfect little bite! They are also simple to make with a flaky puff pastry base.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry thawed
- 6 ounces herbed goat cheese
- 1 whole tomato sliced into 6 thin slices
- 1 jar artichoke hearts 8 ounce size, drained and coarsely chopped
- 3 leaves fresh basil coarsely chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 and line a sheet tray with a silicone mat. Lay out the puff pastry sheet on the mat and use a 3 1/2 inch round biscuit cutter to cut out 6 perfect rounds from the sheet. It should mostly be used up, but you can crisp up the scraps separately too if you want for later use. Use a fork to pierce all over the middle of each round, leaving a thin perimeter around the edge. Spread an ounce of the goat cheese in the middle of each round within the perimeter.
- Place a slice of tomato on top of the goat cheese on each tartlet, then evenly distribute the chopped artichoke on top of the tomato. Sprinkle fresh basil on top of each tartlet, then bake them for 25 to 30 minutes. The goat cheese will get melty and slightly brown while the puff pastry crisps up. When they are done, serve them immediately as an amazing appetizer!