I’ll come right out and say it. I’m already over winter here in NJ and it has barely begun. The cold and dreary weather really gets me down and I basically want nothing more than to hibernate until April. Luckily I have my coping mechanisms and they include lots of hot beverages and warm blankets. This hot spiced mulled wine makes any winter night a whole lot better and it is so simple to make!
Once it was done and I removed the spices, I just ladled the hot spiced mulled wine into my mugs! This recipe yielded enough for my hubby and I to each fill our little mugs most of the way. The wine reduced a bit as it cooked, which made it more concentrated. A little went a long way! So cheers to getting through winter and looking forward to warmer days. I hope you all enjoy this comforting drink (responsibly)! xoxo
There is really nothing like some hot spiced mulled wine on a cold, snowy night! It is so easy to make and really warms the soul.
- 1 tablespoon mulling spice mix
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 whole cinnamon stick
- 1 whole mandarin orange peeled
- 1 bottle red wine 750 ml size
- Combine the mulling spices, fennel seeds, rosemary leaves, and cloves in a fine mesh tea strainer and close it up tightly. Then get a medium to large pot on the stove, pour the wine in it and add the tea strainer of spices, cinnamon stick and the peel from the orange. Bring the mixture to a low boil, then reduce the heat to low. Let it all steep together for at least 30 minutes. Remove the peel, cinnamon stick and tea strainer of goodness with a slotted spoon when it is done. Then ladle it into heat proof glasses or mugs and serve immediately while hot!
2 thoughts on “Hot Spiced Mulled Wine”
Haven’t made this in forever. Great drink and great reminder. Will have to try out your recipe.
Thank you! It’s one of my favorite winter drinks, really helps warm me up 🙂
Comments are closed.