Peanut butter and chocolate is my husband Marc’s favorite food combination in the world. He’s had such a crazy schedule lately, especially as we get ready for the Holidays. So I decided that he needed some home baked goodness when he got home from work that had his favorite combo. These chocolate peanut butter bars fit the bill so perfectly! Best of all, I made them quickly in one bowl so that I kept up with my own crazy schedule.
I let them cool completely before I cut them into 16 little squares. Oh my goodness, they were everything I hoped for and more! The peanut butter flavored bars with all of that melty chocolate dotted throughout was heaven. Marc was even more thrilled to come home to some freshly baked goodness with his favorite combination. I hope you all love this yummy treat as much as we did! xoxo
These chocolate peanut butter bars are such an easy, fantastic treat! They get slightly crisp on the outside while they stay a little gooey on the inside.
- 1 1/2stickssalted butter
- 1/2cupchunky peanut butter
- 1 1/2cupsdark brown sugar
- 2whole eggs
- 1tablespoonvanilla extract
- 2cupsall-purpose flour
- 1teaspoonbaking powder
- 1cupsemi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 and spray an 8 x 8 dish with cooking spray. First, combine the butter and chunky peanut butter in a large, microwave safe bowl. Microwave them for 30 seconds, then stir them together. Microwave them another 30 seconds and stir them some more. They should be completely melted at this point. Then stir in the brown sugar, followed by the eggs and vanilla extract. Slowly add in the flour, baking powder, and cinnamon after then. Finally, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into an even layer in the prepared baking dish and bake it for 40-45 minutes. The top should be dry and starting to crisp up around the edges, while the center will still be slightly gooey. Let them cool completely, then cut them into 16 squares by making 3 equal cuts both vertically and horizontally. Serve them immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Enjoy!!