I don’t think it gets much better than a yummy waffle with a big cup of coffee on the weekends. Sunday brunch is such a ritual in this house and I love it. Sunday is the one day that neither of us has to work so we take full advantage of that. It is well documented that I seriously love my waffle iron! I even used it to make the most incredible breakfast quesadillas, but I digress. This weekend I put it to work again making gorgeous, fluffy buttermilk pecan waffles.
Oh my goodness, these babies really made my morning. The cinnamon and brown sugar gave so much warmth and spice to the waffles, while the pecans gave fantastic crunch. Then the cinnamon honey butter just brought them over the top. Hope you all enjoy this wonderful and simple breakfast treat! xoxo
These are fluffy, simple and incredible buttermilk pecan waffles with lots of warm flavor from brown sugar and cinnamon, topped with cinnamon honey butter!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 stick butter melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 stick butter softened to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- First, make the simple batter. Whisk the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt together in a large mixing bowl to aerate them. Whisk the melted and cooled butter, buttermilk, eggs and vanilla together in another bowl until smooth. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk it all together until it is a thick, smooth batter. Switch to a rubber spatula and gently fold in the chopped pecans.
- Pre-heat the waffle iron and be sure to consult the instruction manual for best results. Scoop 1/4 of the batter into the hot iron to just cover the surface. Close the iron and cook the batter for 4-5 minutes. It should puff up and become completely golden. While it cooks, make the cinnamon honey butter. Stir the soft butter, honey and cinnamon together thoroughly. When the waffle is done, serve it immediately with a dollop of the cinnamon honey butter on top. Repeat the process to make three more waffles and enjoy!
10 thoughts on “Buttermilk Pecan Waffles”
Looks delicious!!! I really love cinnamon, butter and honey, so making something out of the three must be heavenly. Really love the way you write as well 🙂 Will be sure to follow up on your posts. xx
Thank you so much for the kind words!! 🙂 xx
The combination sounds delish! Never though of it, thanks for inspiring, I’ll definitely try it out 🙂
Thank you so much, I hope you love it!!
This sounds amazing! I love pecan pancakes, so definitely want to give these a try! 🙂
Thank you so much!! Yes, if you love pecan pancakes you will love these for sure :-). Enjoy!
This looks amazing! Can’t wait to try!!
Thank you, Malika!! I hope you love them!
One of our daughters just loves waffles and of course we love pecans so it would only be natural to try this. We also have another daughter who is gluten intolerant. I wonder how they would taste if we swapped out the all-purpose flour for pecan meal/flour? Either way, this is just a bunch of goodness. Although honey, butter, and cinnamon combined is a good topper, maple syrup is really good with pecans! Just say’n.
Oh you could easily sub in a gluten free flour. Yes, top them however you want, maple syrup would be great too!! Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it :-).
Comments are closed.