Mojitos are my absolute favorite summer drink. I love how the sugar sweetens the strong rum and the mint makes it so refreshing. This week I decided to put a big twist on the classic with these amazing blueberry lemon mojitos! The lemon juice replaced the lime, which has become a big trend at the local bars. I also used basil instead of mint. They were so easy to make too!
The final touch was that I filled the glasses the rest of the way with club soda. Then I garnished the top with more blueberries and little sprigs of the fresh basil. The blueberry lemon mojitos looked so pretty! Marc and I enjoyed them on the back porch while we soaked in some sun before more rain came in. These babies really hit the spot and they are so perfect for summer, let me tell you. I hope you all love them! xoxo
These blueberry lemon mojitos are so refreshing, flavorful and a great twist on the original! They are absolutely perfect for a summer party.
- 1 cup blueberries plus additional for garnish
- 3 fluid ounces white rum same as 6 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 8 whole Fresh basil leaves plus additional for garnish
- club soda as needed
- Set up a blender and pour the blueberries into it. Puree them completely. Then add the rum, lemon juice and sugar. Blend that all together more by pulsing it a few times. Finally, add the basil and pulse the blender twice to incorporate it. Get out two tall cocktail glasses and fill them with a little ice. Pour half of the blueberry mixture into each of them, then fill the glasses the rest of the way with the club soda. Garnish with additional blueberries and basil on top and serve immediately!