I tell you what, I am loving this healthy kick I’ve been on. We’ll see how long this lasts before I cave and make something decadent (I will always be a woman who needs a piece of cake or juicy burger once in a while), but for now I’m thoroughly enjoying the ride! Quinoa has become an absolute favorite of mine because it satisfies my massive carb cravings without the guilt.
That was it, it was as simple as that! I loved the rich, deep color and flavor that relatively small amount of balsamic gave the dish, and the spinach was a wonderfully fresh and green counterpoint. Balsamic spinach quinoa is really the ultimate side dish, enjoy friends!
Balsamic Spinach Quinoa
Course: Side Dish
- 1 3/4 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup plain uncooked quinoa
- 1 packed cup baby spinach leaves roughly chopped
- In a small pot combine the stock, balsamic and salt. Bring it to a boil, then stir in the quinoa. Cover the pot and turn the heat to medium low. Let the quinoa cook for 12-14 minutes, until all of the liquid is absorbed and it is tender.
- Turn off the heat when the quinoa is cooked and fluff it up with a fork. Stir in the chopped spinach and let it just wilt into the hot quinoa. Scoop it onto a plate with your favorite main course and enjoy!