I am always looking for fun and easy ways to make chicken here. So I decided to put a really fun twist on chicken tenders by making simple baked pretzel crusted chicken tenders! My bff’s guest post on kid friendly baking inspired me to cook some kid friendly dishes this week. Since Marc and I are basically big kids anyway it wasn’t much of a stretch to come up with ideas, ha!
The chicken baked for 30 minutes. It cooked through completely and the pretzel crumbs crisped up gorgeously! Then I served them immediately while they were still hot and had great texture. Oh my goodness, these baked pretzel crusted chicken tenders may be kid friendly but they were great for us adults too. I loved how the mustard mixture played off of the pretzel crumbs for loads of flavor. I hope you all enjoy them as much as we did! xoxo
These baked pretzel crusted chicken tenders are so simple and yummy! The chicken is slathered in a mustard mixture before getting coated in pretzel crumbs.
- 8 ounces crispy sourdough pretzels
- 1 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Lawry's seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken tenders
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 and line a sheet tray with a silicone mat. Put the pretzels into a zip top bag and use a rolling pin to completely crush them into crumbs. Then combine the mustard, honey, salt, dried onion, dried tarragon and smoked paprika in a large, shallow bowl. Take the chicken tenders and dredge each of them through the mustard mixture to coat them before transferring them into the bag of crumbs. When all of the chicken is coated and in the bag of crumbs, close the bag and give it a good shake to make sure the chicken is well crusted in the pretzels. Place the chicken on the prepared sheet tray and bake it for 30 minutes. Serve immediately and enjoy!