Do you consider yourself a coffee lover? Are you considering giving the drink a try for the first time? There is no denying that we are a nation of coffee drinkers. A lot of people feel like they cannot function throughout the day without having a cup of coffee in the morning. Whether or not you fall into this category, you may be interested to know more about the most popular coffee drinks. So, let’s take a look:
- Macchiato – The first coffee drink that we are going to look at is the macchiato, which is an Italian espresso drink that has a bold flavor and is served with a dash of either frothed or steamed milk. The name macchiato means “marked” or “stained” in Italian, which is used to describe the appearance of the coffee once it has been splashed with milk.
- Latte – Of course, we cannot talk about cafe and coffee shop drinks without mentioning the famous latte, can we? This drink is a mixture of espresso and steamed milk, which is served with a small amount of froth on top of it. The drink is an English derivate of the word “caffelatte”, which basically means milk coffee. It is one of the most popular drinks that people have at coffee shops today, and the use of syrups has become very popular, with both caramel and vanilla lattes featuring on most menus.
- Iced coffee – Is there a better drink to enjoy in the summer months than an iced coffee? Ice coffee is as simple as it sounds! You enjoy a cold coffee, served with ice. It is delicious during the summer months especially.
- Flat white – Aside from the coffees that have been mentioned above, another option to consider is flat white. This is a drink that is made from espresso. The foam and milk distribution are so that you have the feeling of drinking a thick espresso, which is milky and a lot more drinkable.
- Espresso – You have already heard espresso referred to a number of times in this post. This is because it is a common base for a lot of coffee drinks. It is made by pushing almost boiling water through coffee beans that have been finely ground. This happens at a high pressure. This pressure causes a much thicker consistency when compared with a normal brew.
- Cortado – Another drink to consider if you are a fan of coffee is cortado, which is a coffee drink that has espresso as a base (surprise, surprise!) It is made with hot milk that is neither scalded nor frothed, resulting in a milk finish but without the creamy and thick texture that you will find with a lot of other milk-based coffee drinks.
So there you have it: some of the most popular coffee drinks out there! What sort of coffee is your favorite? Are you more of an espresso drinker? Or, do you prefer iced coffee? Perhaps you will give one of these new drinks a try?