Pancakes are on the menu every weekend around here. I have never and will never get tired of making them or eating them. Since it is a weekly tradition, I do my best to switch it up and try new things. So this weekend I baked the batter in adorable muffin form! These strawberry cream cheese pancake muffins made our favorite weekend treat portable. It ended up coming in handy since this was a super busy weekend.
Oh my goodness, these babies were like puffy, strawberry and cream clouds! The whipped up egg whites made them so airy. The strawberry cream cheese also gave them the most incredible flavor and texture. It was my favorite breakfast in a handy, portable package! Hope you all enjoy them as much as we did here. xoxo
These strawberry cream cheese pancake muffins use incredible, fluffy pancake batter baked into perfect little portable muffins for on the go!
- cooking spray as needed
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup strawberry cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 whole eggs yolks separated from whites
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 and liberally spray a 12 well muffin tin with cooking spray. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together in a large mixing bowl and whisk them together to aerate them. Then combine the milk, strawberry cream cheese, balsamic vinegar and egg yolks together in another bowl and whisk them together until smooth. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk them together thoroughly into a thick, smooth batter. Have the egg whites separated in another bowl and use a hand mixer to whip them up into stiff peaks. Use a spatula to gently fold the egg whites and strawberries into the batter.
- Use a heaping 1/3 cup measure to scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin wells. There might be some leftover batter to make some extra pancakes! Bake the pancake muffins for about 20 minutes, until they are puffy and golden. Let them cool for 5 minutes, then turn them out on a rack to cool enough to handle. Serve them immediately and enjoy! Leftovers can be refrigerated, then heated up in the toaster the next day.