I know this sounds like an odd name for a dessert, but there is a reason for it! Stir Me Nots are aptly named because there is no stirring involved whatsoever. My mom has made this for as long as I can remember and it’s one of her signature desserts. It’s my childhood. They also could not have been easier to make. All of the ingredients were just layered in my pan and baked! I’ve also included a quick video to show just how easy this recipe is.
Oh my goodness, there’s a reason that these babies always were gone immediately when my mom made them. The layers just worked together so well! The chocolate and toffee became all melty and glorious, with the crunchy walnuts and coconut giving amazing texture. Making these stir me nots was so much fun and brought back so many memories. Enjoy! xoxo
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 whole toffee bars about 3 1/2 ounces each, roughly chopped
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk 14 ounce size
- Preheat the oven to 350 and get out a 9 x 13 baking dish. Pour the melted butter in to coat the bottom of the pan. Even distribute the graham cracker crumbs on top of the butter in an even layer, followed by the toffee bits, chocolate chips, coconut and the walnuts last. Pat the layers down to make sure they are compact and even. Pour the sweetened condensed milk all over the layers and let it seep in.
- That's all there is to assembling the stir me nots! Bake them for 30 minutes, until golden and set. Take them out and let them cool for at least 10 minutes. Then cut them into squares and serve!