It’s that time of year when I go way overboard getting apples every week. They just look too good at my farmer’s market and the local orchards. I’m surrounded, people! One of the easiest and yummiest ways I could think of to use them up was to whip up a batch of incredible slow cooker cinnamon apple sauce!
The apples and some water went into my beloved slow cooker on low for 4 hours.
I let the whole mixture cook on low for another 2 hours. It became the perfect thick, glorious and flavorful apple sauce! It could not have been easier. I let it cool before sealing it up and refrigerating it. Then it was ready to use in countless ways. This slow cooker cinnamon apple sauce was perfect as a snack, on pork chops, in baked goods, you name it! Hope you all love it. xoxo
- 8 whole apples peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Combine the prepped apples and water in your slow cooker. Latch the cover on and cook it all on low for 4 hours. When the four hours are up, stir in the brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and apple cider vinegar. Put the cover back on and let it cook on low for another 2 hours.
- When it's done, turn off the slow cooker and let the applesauce cool for 30 minutes. Then just seal it in a container, refrigerate it, and use as needed for snacks, pancakes, and so many other recipes! This recipe yields almost a quart of apple sauce.