It’s that time of year when I go way overboard getting apples every week. They just look too good at my farmer’s market and the local orchards. I’m surrounded, people! One of the easiest and yummiest ways I could think of to use them up was to whip up a batch of incredible slow cooker cinnamon apple sauce!
The apples and some water went into my beloved slow cooker on low for 4 hours.
I let the whole mixture cook on low for another 2 hours. It became the perfect thick, glorious and flavorful apple sauce! It could not have been easier. I let it cool before sealing it up and refrigerating it. Then it was ready to use in countless ways. This apple sauce was perfect as a snack, on pork chops, in baked goods, you name it! Hope you all love it. xoxo
Slow cooker cinnamon apple sauce could not be easier or more delicious! It can be used in countless ways from snacks to pancakes to pork chops. I'm also giving away a slow cooker so the lucky winner can try it out!
- 8wholeapplespeeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 3/4cupdark brown sugar
- 1/4teaspoonvanilla extract
- 1/4teaspoonapple cider vinegar
- Combine the prepped apples and water in your slow cooker. Latch the cover on and cook it all on low for 4 hours. When the four hours are up, stir in the brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and apple cider vinegar. Put the cover back on and let it cook on low for another 2 hours.
- When it's done, turn off the slow cooker and let the applesauce cool for 30 minutes. Then just seal it in a container, refrigerate it, and use as needed for snacks, pancakes, and so many other recipes! This recipe yields almost a quart of apple sauce.