It is well documented on this blog that shrimp is my favorite protein in the world. I get like Bubba in Forrest Gump when I talk about it. If I had to pick a favorite way to serve it, scampi would be it. So this week it was back to a classic, not to mention one of my all time favorite dishes, with my shrimp scampi over linguine! It was so easy to make and on the table in 20 minutes.
Then I just served the shrimp scampi over linguine immediately! It came together in 20 minutes and could not have been easier. Oh my goodness was I happy eating it too. The shrimp were so succulent and flavorful, acting as the perfect complement to the sauce and tender pasta. I loved that it felt really fancy but was still simple enough for a busy weeknight. I hope you all enjoy this simple classic and one of my favorite dishes in the world! Now I need to go watch Forrest Gump. xo
This version of classic shrimp scampi over linguine is so incredible and comes together easily in 20 minutes! It's fancy without the fuss for a weeknight.
- 1 pound linguine
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 whole lemon zested
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- 2 pounds shrimp peeled and deveined, tails removed
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon cognac
- 1/3 cup freshly grated pecorino romano cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil on the stove and salt it generously. Cook the linguine in it just until tender for about 8-9 minutes. While the pasta cooks, combine the butter, olive oil and lemon zest in a large skillet with deep sides. Heat it up over medium high heat to let it all melt together. Add the garlic and parsley and let it infuse into the butter and oil for just 30 seconds. Then add the shrimp in and let them cook in the sauce for about 3-4 minutes, until they become pink and opaque. Lastly, pour in the cognac and let it cook off for another 30 seconds.
- The pasta should be done by about this time. Drain it and get it into the skillet with the shrimp and sauce. Toss it all together thoroughly for a minute, then take it off of the heat. Stir in the pecorino romano cheese to let it melt right in. Serve immediately with extra fresh parsley on top and enjoy!
12 thoughts on “Shrimp Scampi over Linguine”
Thank so much!!
Really LOVE this ! I love pasta of any kind. This is totally incredible flavor.
Thank you so much!!
This recipe looks very easy to make! I’ve never had any type of fish so I wouldn’t know lol, but the linguine is such a great choice! Xoxo
Shrimp scampi is the best, I hope you try this recipe out!!
This is probably in my top 10 favorite dishes of all time! Yum!
Right?! It’s the best!
Looks absolutely amazing!
Thanks very much!!
My whole family loves shrimp. I am sure they would love it if I tried to make this.
This is definitely the perfect dish for shrimp lovers! It’s really easy too.
Comments are closed.