Scrambled eggs are my favorite for a hearty breakfast, even on a busy weekday morning. They’re so simple and quick! I love to really amp mine up with savory breakfast sausage and lots of cheddar cheese. This sausage cheddar scramble is a huge staple in our house since I make it at least once a week. I tested it with both a cast iron skillet and a stainless steel skillet and both versions were perfect!
I took the pan off of the heat and served the sausage cheddar scramble immediately! Oh my goodness, it was so filling and hearty. With some toast, coffee and juice, breakfast was spectacular. This dish really works any time of day. I can whip it up on a weekday morning quickly, as part of a huge brunch, or even an easy breakfast for dinner. It is also fantastic rolled up in a burrito with toppings. Enjoy, friends! xoxo
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 ounces ground breakfast sausage
- 4 whole eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Heat the butter in a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add the sausage and let it brown completely for about 5-6 minutes as you break it up. While the sausage browns combine the eggs, milk, salt and crushed red pepper in a bowl. Whisk it together thoroughly.
- When the sausage is browned, reduce the heat a little and pour in the egg mixture. Let it gently bubble while you stir it to let the soft curds form. As you stir add the cheddar cheese and let it melt right into the rest of the goodness. When the eggs have completely cooked, take the pan off of the heat and serve hot immediately! Add some toast, juice, and coffee for an amazing, satisfying breakfast.