Oh how I love sweet potatoes. They’re healthy, they’re a pretty color and they are darn delicious. I love that they can be prepared so many ways, and because they are so flavorful simple is sometimes better when it comes to cooking them. They were looking great at the farmer’s market this week so I brought some home for a side dish. I decided to roast them in olive oil and balsamic vinegar to bring out their natural sweetness, with salt and lots of parmesan cheese to balance it all out with savory components.
When they were done they were these caramelized, crispy little orange jewels that smelled incredible. Then the interior of the wedges were so soft and tender when I bit in. These parmesan balsamic roasted sweet potatoes were truly the perfect side dish and they were so easy to make! The handy printable is just below, enjoy friends!
- 2 whole sweet potatoes thoroughly washed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 pinches salt
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 375. Prep the two cleaned sweet potatoes by cutting them in half lengthwise, then cutting each half again to have four long quarters. Go down the length of each quarter with your knife cutting them into about 1/2 inch thick wedges.
- Transfer the wedges into a large baking dish, then add in the olive oil, balsamic, salt and freshly grated parmesan. Toss it all to combine and thoroughly coat the sweet potatoes. Get the baking dish into the oven to bake for 40-45 minutes. The sweet potatoes should get perfectly tender on the inside while the outside becomes crisp and caramelized.
- Take the dish out and let the potatoes cool for a couple of minutes, then serve immediately with your favorite main course!