My love for lasagna knows no bounds. It is one of my absolute favorite Italian classics. This is such a busy time of year though that I definitely don’t have time to make it in the usual way. So I came up with a much easier, quicker way to get all of the lasagna goodness without the labor. My one pot lasagna soup is a deconstructed version that was so simple to make and took a fraction of the time.
Oh my goodness, this dinner was pure Italian comfort in a bowl. To be honest, it was more like a thick chili than a soup and it was so satisfying. I loved having all of the flavors of one of my all time favorite dishes in one bowl. Crusty bread on the side and some salad completed the meal so perfectly. Hope you all love it too! xoxo
In the cold weather this one pot lasagna soup is so warming and comforting. It's simple and loaded with sausage, veggies, fragrant tomato broth and cheese.
- 1 dash olive oil
- 4 ounces white mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 whole onion finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound ground sweet Italian sausage
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 jar marinara sauce 25 ounces
- 1 can crushed tomatoes 28 ounce size
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 10 whole lasagna noodles broken into small pieces
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- Get out a large pot or dutch oven and heat the olive oil in it over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms, diced onion and garlic and let them get soft and fragrant for about 2-3 minutes. Then add the sausage and break it up as it browns completely. While it browns, season everything with the salt, crushed red pepper, dried thyme and dried parsley. Once the sausage cooks, pour in the white wine and let it cook off for another 4-5 minutes. Then pour in the marinara, crushed tomatoes, and chicken stock. Bring the soup to a gentle boil, then reduce it to a simmer. Let it cook for 30 minutes.
- When the 30 minutes is up, add in the small pieces of lasagna noodles to cook until tender for about 10-12 minutes. While it cooks, put together the cheese mixture. Just stir the mozzarella, parmesan and ricotta together well, then squeeze it together with clean hands into a fairly solid mixture. When the soup is done, ladle it into big bowls and add a big dollop of the cheese mixture on top to melt right in. Serve immediately and enjoy!
10 thoughts on “One Pot Lasagna Soup”
YUM! This sounds and looks gorgeous! Love lasagne, never thought of making it into a one pot soup before though!
Thank you so much!! It’s really a fun way to serve it, I hope you love it :-).
Oh my gosh – yum! And with ricotta – is there really another way?! Putting this on my meal plan now!!
Definitely the ricotta is a must with any lasagna, even in soup :-D. Thanks so much, hope you love it!!
This sounds amazing! Would be perfect for a nice cold winter night!
Thank you so much, it really is warming and comforting!
Ohhhhh this is making my mouth water! I love a good bowl of comfort food! Will have to try this. XO
I hope you love it if you try it, let me know what you think. Thanks so much for stopping by!
OMG yum! This sounds fantastic and perfect for winter. My hubby is a huge lasagna fan, so I will add this to my menu soon. I love the fact it is one pot. Thank you for sharing.
Thank you so much!! Yes, I hate doing dishes, so I am all about 1 pot meals. Hope you and your hubby love it!
Comments are closed.