With everything so crazy nowadays, I really try to take pleasure in the little things. My idea of heaven now is to have a couple of spare hours to just sit and enjoy a book all cuddled with my hubby and kitties. Said heaven must also include a hot beverage and scones. Since we had a little free time this weekend I decided to whip up a yummy batch of lemon blueberry scones! All of my scone recipes are based on my mom’s incredible recipe because it is simply the best. It is such a simple, quick and wonderful treat to whip up.
I sat with hubby and the kitties to enjoy the lemon blueberry scones immediately. Oh my goodness, they were really heaven with my tea as I curled up and enjoyed my free time. The bright lemon and juicy hits of blueberry were so perfect together. I got to lose myself in the 4th book of the Outlander series while I enjoyed the scones too on my comfy couch in yoga pants. It really is the small pleasures, people! xoxo
Whether it is breakfast or tea time, your hot drink needs these delectable lemon blueberry scones! They are so simple and quick to whip up.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour plus additional for the surface
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar plus additional for sprinkling on top of the scones
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 a lemon zested
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 and line a sheet tray with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Then combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and lemon zest in a mixing bowl. Whisk them together to aerate the dry ingredients. Then pour in the lemon juice and buttermilk and stir everything together just until it becomes a sticky dough. Finally, gently stir in the blueberries. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured, clean surface and bring it together into a ball.
- Gently press the ball out into a flat disc that it about 1/2 an inch thick. Use a bench scraper dipped in flour to cut the disc into 8 equal wedges. The easiest way is to cut the disc into quarters, then cut each quarter in half. Place the wedges on the baking sheet and sprinkle them all generously with more sugar on top. Bake the scones for about 15 minutes, until they become puffy and golden. Take them out and let them cool for a couple of minutes, then serve them warm immediately!
2 thoughts on “Lemon Blueberry Scones”
Lemon, lemon and more lemon recipes, yay Leigh!
I am a scone person, I can’t seem to make enough of these little goodies.
I was given 3 baskets of blackberries from a friend, guess what I’m going to try?!
Have a wonderful Sunday Leigh!
Oh, blackberry scones sound amazing! I’ve never met a scone I didn’t like Dalila :-). Hope you have a wonderful Sunday!!
Comments are closed.