I’ve talked a lot already about how breakfast is my favorite meal. I can’t go about the day without it, especially a big cup of coffee. During the week though, it is tough to find the time to have something quick and hearty sometimes. So when I made my homemade English muffins this week, I decided to use some of them in these amazing, make ahead English muffin breakfast sandwiches! I made them all at once, then froze them to reheat quickly during the week. They were so simple and yummy.
When I was ready to have one the following morning, I put it on a microwave safe plate and heated it up on high for 2 minutes. It was piping hot and perfect! The cheese got really bubbly and everything melded together gloriously. This was such a fantastic, much less processed version of a fast food breakfast sandwich and I was in heaven! Hope all of you fellow breakfast lovers enjoy these sandwiches as much as I did. xoxo
These English muffin breakfast sandwiches are definitely next level using homemade muffins, flavorful sheet pan eggs with sausage and cheddar!
- 3tablespoonsthinly sliced scallionsgreen part only
- 1pinchfreshly cracked black pepper
- 8smallsausage pattiesor 4 patties that are the size of your English muffins
- 4wholeenglish muffinspreferably homemade from my post on 7/14/17
- 4slicescheddar cheese
- First, make the eggs. Pre-heat the oven to 350 and get out an 8 x 8 baking pan. Spray it well with cooking spray. Then whisk the eggs, milk, scallions, salt and pepper together in a bowl until it is smooth. Pour the mixture in the pan and bake it for 20-25 minutes, until it is completely set. While the eggs bake, cook the sausage patties according to the directions. They usually take about 4-5 minutes to cook on each side. Set them aside. Split and toast the English muffins as well .
- Now it's time to assemble! Take the cooked eggs and use a 3.5 inch round cutter to cut out 4 egg rounds from it. Place a slice of cheddar on the bottom half of each muffins, followed by and egg round and either 2 small sausage patties or 1 big patty that fits the sandwich. Close them with the top halves and serve immediately! These also can be make ahead. Wrap the sandwiches in foil, then place them in freezer bags. Microwave them for about 2 minutes for an easy breakfast later in the week!