I absolutely love soup, but in the summer I can’t eat it hot. Cold soups like gazpacho are much more my jam when the temperatures rise. I almost always have cucumbers and plain Greek yogurt in the house, so this week I worked on a delicious and simple recipe for chilled cucumber yogurt soup. Marc could eat cucumbers morning, noon and night since they are one of his absolute favorite vegetables. That inspired me to make this soup since I knew he was going to love it!
The next day I served the chilled cucumber yogurt soup in pretty bowls and garnished them. A little extra cucumber, scallion and olive oil just put it over the top! Oh my goodness, it was so refreshing and flavorful. The yogurt made it creamy without making it heavy. That mix of herbs and aromatics was so fantastic together. Marc went absolutely nuts for this stuff, so mission accomplished. I hope you all enjoy it too!! xoxo
This is such a refreshing and simple chilled cucumber yogurt soup with loads of flavor from fresh herbs, ginger and garlic!
- 2 whole cucumbers halved, seeded and diced small
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced scallions green only, plus additional for garnish
- 1/3 cup fresh mint
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus additional for drizzling on top
- First, reserve 1/3 cup of the diced cucumber and set it aside for garnish. Then set up a food processor and combine the remaining cucumber, garlic, ginger, scallions, mint, cilantro, salt, pepper, yogurt and olive oil in it. Puree the mixture until it is completely smooth. Transfer it to a bowl and cover it, then let it chill in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours, or overnight. When you are ready to serve it, scoop it into pretty bowls and garnish it extra chopped cucumber, scallions and a drizzle of olive oil! Enjoy!!