I love my Mediterranean flavors more than anything, but sometimes I need to switch it up. There are times when a woman just needs a hearty, classic casserole. I don’t like to make the same old casserole though. So I came up with this absolutely gorgeous curried chicken broccoli casserole! It had the spice that I love to cut through the creaminess. There were three components that came together in one gorgeous dish.
I let it sit for a couple of minutes when it was done. Then it was time to eat! Oh my goodness, this curried chicken broccoli casserole was such a fantastic change from my usual Mediterranean food. It had so much gorgeous flavor and texture. I hope you all enjoy this fun take on the classic! xoxo
This curried chicken broccoli casserole is so loaded with flavor and simple to make! It's perfect for some cold weather comfort food.
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 head broccoli cut into bite sized florets
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 dash olive oil
- 1 pound chicken tenders boneless, skinless diced small
- 1 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Lawry's seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 8 ounces extra sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- First, prepare the rice since that takes the longest. Heat the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat and let it pretty much melt. Add in the rice and toast it in the butter for only about a minute. Make sure it is thoroughly coated in the butter. Then pour in the chicken stock and stir everything together. Let the chicken stock come to a gentle boil, then cover the pot with its lid and reduce the heat to medium low. Let the rice cook until it is tender and the liquid is all absorbed for about 20-30 minutes. When it is done, fluff it up with a fork and set it aside.
- Prepare the broccoli next while the rice cooks. Pre-heat the oven to 350. Combine the broccoli florets, curry powder, salt and olive oil together in a baking dish and toss it all together well. Roast the broccoli for 15 minutes to get it flavorful and tender. Set it aside when it is done but keep the oven on. Then start on the chicken mixture. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Brown the chicken in the olive oil until it is cooked through and golden for about 5 minutes. While it cooks season it with the curry powder, dried onion, garlic powder and seasoned salt.
- Once the chicken is cooked pour in the white wine and let it cook off for a minute. Then pour in the condensed soup and ranch dressing and let it cook for another couple of minutes. Take the pan off of the heat and stir in 1 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese and the broccoli. Then get out a 9 x 13 baking dish and spray it well with cooking spray. Layer the rice in first. Pour the chicken and broccoli mixture in next and make sure it is in an even layer. Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese on top and bake the casserole for 30 minutes. Let it set for 2-3 minutes when it is done, then serve immediately while it is hot!