This is in total keeping with my theme of quick, easy and incredible meals lately! Marc and I have both been super busy with meetings, rehearsals, and everything else in the evening and these quick meals have been life savers. I know a lot of people in our situation wouldn’t even be able to find the time to get all the ingredients together to cook. That’s where a service like Blue Apron comes in helpful (and I know MyFoodSubscriptions has the latest coupon code for them if you’re interested) but we’re lucky enough that the grocery store is just down the street, so no time-consuming commute is needed. I had pork chops in my freezer that I wanted to use, and decided to sear them in a super flavorful dry rub to make these amazing coffee crusted pork chops. The coffee just makes the dry rub. I am a caramel macchiato addict so that was the ground coffee flavor I had on hand. It was perfectly sweet to counterbalance the smokey heat of the rest of the dry rub.
Once they had seared on both sides, I transferred the coffee crusted pork chops to the oven for 5 minutes. This step made sure that they were completely cooked through, which is incredibly important when dealing with pork. When they were done, I let them rest for a couple of minutes so that they stayed juicy. Then they were ready to serve! I plated them with broccoli and little bowls of apple sauce on the side and it was such an incredible meal. Best of all I had these coffee crusted pork chops done and on the table in 20 minutes! Enjoy this quick and amazing dish my friends.
- 1 dash canola oil enough to just coat the cast iron skillet
- 3 tablespoons ground coffee (I like a sweet flavor here like caramel macchiato)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 4 whole center cut pork chops bone-in or boneless are both fine
- Pre-heat the oven to 350. Then heat up the canola in a big cast iron skillet over medium high heat. While the pan gets hot stir the coffee, salt, chili powder, paprika, and cumin together thoroughly in a bowl. Take the four pork chops and generously rub the mixture all over them on both sides.
- Get the crusted pork chops into the pan to sear on the first side for 3-4 minutes to let them get gorgeously brown. Then flip them over to brown on the other side for another 3-4 minutes. Then carefully transfer the pan to the oven to make sure they completely get cooked through for about 5 more minutes.
- Take the pan out once the pork chops are done and let them rest for a couple of minutes, then serve immediately and enjoy!