I have talked already about how I am not really a salad fan. I eat it mostly out of my desire to be healthier and have my greens. This blueberry walnut salad is one that I actually enjoy eating though! Blueberries are my favorite fruit, so they made the spinach go down much more easily. I’ve learned after over thirty years of trial and error that I need some fruit in my salads to make me like them. The sweetness of the fruit almost tricks me into thinking that I’m having dessert. That’s why I loved my strawberry spinach salad with poppy seed dressing, and my mandarin chicken salad so much too.
The juicy blueberries, crunchy walnuts and yummy dressing really made this salad so special. It was also really refreshing and perfect for summer. The best part was how simple it was though. I hope you all love it as much as I did, even you non-salad people like me! xoxo
This blueberry walnut salad is such an easy and refreshing summer appetizer with a gorgeous blueberry lemon vinaigrette to go with it!
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 3/4 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon blueberry balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Get out a large bowl and toss the spinach, toasted walnuts, and fresh blueberries together in it. Whisk the lemon juice, blueberry balsamic and lemon zest together in a small bowl. Continue to whisk while you slowly pour in the canola oil to make a gorgeous vinaigrette. Serve the salad immediately with the dressing on the side! Enjoy!!