I’m really excited about this genius recipe that my best friend discovered. I asked her to write a guest post about it and here is what she had to say:
Hello readers of Jeanie and Lulu’s Kitchen! I’m thrilled to write a guest blog post for Leigh today. As the mom of a very active toddler, I’m always looking for fun ways to get her involved in the kitchen with me. So when I stumbled across this recipe for banana chocolate snack bars, I had to try it. It looked simple enough that she could get her hands dirty with my husband and me every step of the way. We had so much fun making it as a family activity.
I honestly could not believe how decadent and flavorful these banana chocolate snack bars were. The bananas replaced the dairy and I couldn’t tell at all. So this is a perfect dessert for vegans or people with dairy allergies. Best of all, it only took one bowl which meant I spent less time cleaning and more time enjoying the fruits of our labor with my family. My daughter still talks about making this yummy treat. It’s all about making memories. Thanks for reading, and hopefully I’ll get to share more kid friendly recipes in the future! xoxo
These banana chocolate snack bars are simple and so incredible! The bananas replace the dairy and are a great way to sneak in some fruit.
- 2 whole really ripe bananas
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup Vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 and get out an 8 x 8 baking dish. The dish should not be greased. Then peel the bananas and mash them thoroughly in a large mixing bowl with a fork. Then add in the flour, sugar, vegetable oil, water, cocoa powder, vinegar, baking soda, cinnamon, vanilla and salt. Stir it all together thoroughly until it becomes a thick batter. Transfer the batter to the baking dish and even it out with a spoon or spatula. Sprinkle the mini chocolate chips on top to form a top crust. Bake the mixture for 35-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out cleanly. Let the bars completely cool for an hour, then cut them into 16 equal little squares and serve! They keep well in a sealed container for a couple of days too.
10 thoughts on “Banana Chocolate Snack Bars”
Baking with kids is so important! Life skills! I love a good snacking cake. They are so nice to have around for a little before bedtime snack 😉
Absolutely, on all counts!! 😀
How sweet to make a yummy dessert with the whole family, fun times for sure! ?
Plus, all the wonderful memories you’re making while sampling as you bake…..YAY for chocolate chips! LOL!
I like the fact that there’s no milk involved for my friend, she’ll like this.
Thank you for this guest post Leigh!
It really was a special memory for them. Yes, the fact that this is dairy free makes it a cake that is perfect for special dietary needs too!! I hope you love it, thanks so much as always Dalila!
Looks delicious! Defiantly trying this soon x
Thank you so much, I hope you love it!!
My young daughter loves to bake! She just made some blueberry breakfast bars for my blog. She is going to love this recipe since her favorite snack is a chocolate covered banana! Can’t wait to show her this recipe!
Oh awesome!! It’s really fun to make. My little niece loved mashing the bananas best. Enjoy! 🙂
Those Banana Chocolate Snack Bars looks amazing! I will definitely be making a batch soon!
Thank you very much, I hope you love them!!
Comments are closed.