In a stunning, delicious switch up it was my husband who taught me this recipe! It was the first thing he ever cooked for me when we started dating and I fell as madly in love with them as I was falling for him. These zucchini squares are and forever will be a beloved family favorite that his mom made so often. They are ingenious because they are so simple to make but taste so complex.
I sent these babies with my husband to a work meeting, but my ulterior motive was to be able to keep some for my lunch too. Oh my goodness, they were such a perfect bite! They had the silky, fluffy texture of a quiche and so much flavor. No wonder these have been a family favorite for so long. They went really quickly at my husband’s meeting and everyone asked for the recipe. Hope you all enjoy them too! xoxo
Zucchini squares are such perfect little bites! The easy batter is just baked and cut into squares to become delectable mini crustless quiches.
- 1 cup dry Bisquick mix
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's seasoned salt
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- 3 slices provolone cheese chopped small
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 an onion finely chopped
- 2 medium zucchini finely chopped
- 4 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 and liberally grease a 9 x 13 pan with softened butter or shortening. Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir them together thoroughly until it is a thick , uniform batter. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and even it out, then bake it for about 30 minutes. It should just start to brown around the edges and be golden on top. Let the tray cool at least 20-30 minutes, then cut them into 30 little squares. Serve them immediately and enjoy! They are also fantastic at room temperature or cold the next day.
11 thoughts on “Zucchini Squares”
These look so delicious. Everything looks delicious. Thanks
Lovely recipe! I make something similar with zucchini and it is soooo delicious!
Thank you so much Adina!! 🙂
Such a cute bitesize recipe, need to try it
Thanks very much!!
That looks extremely good! Thanks for sharing this recipe!
Thank you so much!!
So easy and I bet it’s delicious. And perfect for any meal, breakfast lunch or dinner!
Definitely! Thanks very much :-).
These look so healthy and delicious! I bet my kids would love them too!
Oh they are definitely kid friendly!!
Comments are closed.