When it comes to classic party food, there is nothing like a great salsa with tortilla chips to nosh on. I like to skip the jarred stuff since it is so much easier and tastier to make a simple fresh salsa at home! It came together in minutes in my food processor. I combined grape tomatoes, jalapeno, onion, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, salt and cumin in the food processor bowl. Then I ran it until it was pretty smooth but still had a bit of texture. As an aside, cilantro is one of the most dividing ingredients in the culinary world. It is either loved or loathed. I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who was in between about it. If you fall into the loathing camp, parsley would work well in this recipe as a substitute!
Then I just spooned it into a pretty bowl and it was ready to serve immediately! With Cinco de Mayo coming up, this simple fresh salsa is a must for any party menu with tortilla chips. It is also incredible over eggs, pork, in tacos, you name it! I made this simple fresh salsa the day before I needed it too. Then it was just sealed in a plastic container overnight. I hope you all enjoy this super easy and yummy snack, friends!
- 1pintgrape tomatoes
- 1wholejalapeno pepperseeded and chopped
- 1/2asmall spanish onionpeeled and quartered
- 1/2alimezested and juiced
- 2tablespoonsfresh cilantro
- Combine all of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Run the processor for 30 seconds, then scrape the sides down. Run it for another 30 seconds to a minute until it is pretty smooth but still has a little texture.
- Spoon the salsa into a pretty bowl and serve immediately with chips. It's also fantastic over eggs, pork, you name it!