Now that it is officially fall, it is time for pumpkin everything! I have no shame in saying that I am obsessed with it. It is so yummy in desserts, but I also like to use it in savory recipes. I’ve already made pumpkin sausage rigatoni and pumpkin sausage mac and cheese. I’m detecting a pattern. There is just something about how savory meat works so well with the sweet pumpkin puree and spices. So this week I made a huge vat of pumpkin chili spaghetti. It was a wonderful one pot wonder that was so perfect for fall.
When the spaghetti was tender after about 10 minutes, it was time to eat! I scooped a healthy portion into each bowl and topped them all with a generous sprinkle of cheese. It was such a satisfying, complete meal in a bowl. The chili was meaty and flavorful and everything it should be. I loved tossing it with the tender spaghetti instead of rice or just dipping crusty bread in it too. It really was the perfect fall dinner. Hope you all love it! xoxo
Pumpkin chili spaghetti is such a perfect, comforting dinner for fall! It's a simple and flavorful one pot wonder that feeds a crowd!
- 1 dash olive oil
- 2 whole poblano peppers seeded and diced small
- 1 whole onion diced small
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup pumpkin beer
- 1 can crushed tomatoes 28 ounce size
- 1 can black beans 15 ounce size
- 1 can red kidney beans 15 ounce size
- 1 pound spaghetti
- shredded cheddar or Mexican cheese blend as needed for topping
- Get out a large pot and heat the olive oil in it over medium high heat. Add in the diced poblanos, onion and minced garlic and let them get fragrant for a couple of minutes. Then add the beef and let it brown as you break it up. While it browns, season the mixture with the chili powder, pumpkin pie spice, paprika, salt and pepper. Once the beef is brown, stir in the pumpkin puree and pumpkin beer and let it cook for a minute. Finally, pour in the crushed tomatoes and both cans of beans. Bring the chili to a boil, then reduce it to a simmer to cook for an hour.
- When the hour is up, bring it back up to a gentle boil and add in the spaghetti. Stir it all together thoroughly until the spaghetti is tender for about 10 minutes. Then scoop it into bowls and serve with a generous handful of shredded cheese on top! Enjoy! The leftovers are even better the next day.
8 thoughts on “Pumpkin Chili Spaghetti”
This is positively Autumnal! I love using pumpkin in a savory way – I think it should be done more because it tastes (in my opinion), so much better than sweet preparations of pumpkin! I will have to give this a try before Winter!
Thank you so much!! It really is perfect for fall, I hope you love it :-).
I haven’t thought of combining pumpkin with pasta, but it actually sounds quite good!
Thank you so much!!
Are there supposed to be any tomato products in this recipe? I made it as it currently reads and it looks nothing like it…
Oh my gosh, I don’t know how I didn’t catch that. I am so incredibly sorry :-(. There is supposed to be a 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes in it as well. I have fixed the recipe to reflect that. Thank you so much for asking and bringing it to my attention.
Thanks! I had tomato sauce on hand and it worked great!
Oh excellent! I’m really glad it worked out!! So sorry again.
Comments are closed.