Two of my absolute favorites collided in these decadent pumpkin cheesecake brownies! I’m such a chocoholic and also obsessed with anything pumpkin, so they were a no brainer when I wanted to make some Halloween friendly treats. The salty pretzel crust was the secret to really sending them over the top though. I prepared that first.
I let the pan cool for 30 minutes. Then the pumpkin cheesecake brownies were covered and refrigerated for 3 hours. The cheesecake had to chill and set. After that it was time to try them! Oh.my.goodness….they were decadent bliss that just spoke Halloween. Even the colors were perfect for Halloween. The pumpkin cheesecake was so luscious and warmly spiced. The brownie part was so gooey. That crunchy, salty pretzel crust was what sent them over the top though! It cut through the richness perfectly. Enjoy these amazing treats, friends! xoxo
Pumpkin cheesecake brownies are such a decadent, amazing Fall treat. The salty, slightly crunchy pretzel crust sends them over the top!
- 2 cups mini pretzels
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons butter cut into 5 slices
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 whole eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- First, prepare the pretzel crust. Preheat the oven to 350 and liberally grease the bottom of an 8 x 8 baking dish with softened butter or shortening. Put the pretzels in the bowl of a food processor and run it until they become a fine crumb. Combine the pretzel crumbs with the butter, dark brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice in a bowl. Stir them together thoroughly until it resembles wet sand. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and press it down firmly into an even bottom crust. Bake it for 15 minutes to set, then take it out and let it cool.
- While the crust bakes and cools, prepare the brownie batter first. Whisk the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon together in a bowl to aerate them. Set it aside. Get a small pot filled halfway with water on the stove and heat it to a gentle boil. Set a heat proof bowl over the pot and combine the butter and chocolate in it to melt them. Stir them together with a heat proof rubber spatula until it is a smooth and shiny ganache. Remove the bowl from the heat and whisk the sugar in to dissolve it. Then whisk in the vanilla and eggs. Lastly, fold in the dry ingredients just until they disappear. Set the brownie batter aside.
- Next, prepare the pumpkin cheesecake batter. Combine the cream cheese and pumpkin puree a bowl and beat them together with a hand mixer until smooth. Add the brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice next and let them get mixed in. Then add the bourbon, vanilla, and each egg one at a time. Once they are thoroughly mixed in, add the flour last just until it disappears. Set the cheesecake batter aside.
- Take the baking dish with the cooled crust and liberally grease the sides. Spread the brownie batter on top of the crust, leaving about 1/4 cup behind for swirling on top. Smooth it out with an offset spatula. Pour the cheesecake batter over the brownie batter and make sure it is even. Spoon the remaining brownie batter in with the cheesecake batter and use a butter knife to gently swirl it together.
- Bake the cheesecake brownies for about 50 minutes, until set and completely baked through. The cheesecake should be fairly brown around the edges. Let it cool, then cover it and let it chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours. Then cut the brownies into 16 equal squares by quartering the pan, then cutting each quarter into quarters. Serve immediately and enjoy!
5 thoughts on “Pretzel Crusted Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies”
Hi Leigh, long time no hear-How are you? Sounds divine!!! Your Fl. Bud always, Cheryl GO RU
Cheryl!! Thank you my bud, they’re a new favorite around here. Things have been busy but great here! What’s new in Florida? Your TK friend always. GO RU!
Alls well Leigh here in Florida! Say Hi to Marc. Hugs from MICKEY TO YOU BOTH…Cheryl
Yum! Yum! These look phenomenal!
Thank you so much!! 😀
Comments are closed.