Sticky buns are one of my biggest weaknesses. There is nothing like them, especially when they are warm out of the oven. I loved it so much when my mom would make them when I was growing up. In honor of Mother’s Day this weekend, it was time for me to return the favor! I devised these incredible pistachio, honey and lavender sticky buns as the perfect treat to wow her. They had all of the Lebanese flavors that she and I both love so much. They took some time and love, but weren’t hard to make!
Oh my goodness, these babies were so divine. They were floral, gorgeously spiced and so pillowy. The glaze was sticky and gooey and everything it should have been. It was fun to pull them apart like monkey bread. I can’t think of a more perfect treat for the wonderful moms out there this weekend. Hope you all enjoy! xoxo
These pistachio, lavender and honey sticky buns are pure decadent bliss! They are so special for brunch or tea time with a great hot beverage.
- 2 packets active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water divided
- 2 sticks butter softened to room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar plus a pinch to feed the yeast
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 whole eggs
- 5 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 stick butter softened to room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon lavender extract
- 1 cup chopped pistachios divided in half
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground lavender
- 1/2 stick butter melted
- First, make the dough. Pour the yeast into 1/2 cup of the warm water in a bowl and give it a stir. Feed it with a pinch of sugar and let it foam up for 5 minutes. While the yeast foams up, set up a stand mixer and combine the soft butter and cup of sugar in its bowl. Beat them together thoroughly until fluffy and smooth. Add the cinnamon and salt next, followed by each egg one at a time. Push down the sides to make sure it is all combined. Then pour in the yeast mixture and the extra cup of warm water. Turn the speed to low and gradually add in the flour until it is just mixed into a soft dough. Bring the dough together with your clean hands in the bowl and give it 2-3 turns of kneading to just make sure it is uniform. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set it sit in a warm, dry area to rise for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- While the dough rises, prepare the glaze. Stir the butter, brown sugar, honey, corn syrup, water and lavender together in a bowl. The butter will separate and that is ok. It will bake to perfection. Grease 2 deep 9 1/2 inch pie pans with soft butter or shortening, then evenly distribute the glaze in the bottoms of both pans. Sprinkle 1/2 a cup of the chopped pistachios in an even layer on top of the glaze in each pan. Set the pans aside. Stir the cinnamon, sugar and ground lavender together in another bowl for the filling and set that aside too.
- When the dough is done rising, lightly punch it down and turn it out onto a well floured and clean surface. Cut it in half. Take the first half and roll it into a rectangle that is about 10 inches long. Brush it with half of the melted butter and spread 1/2 of the cinnamon, sugar and lavender filling evenly all over it. Roll the long side up tightly to have a long log. Cut the log into 12 equal pieces. Place the 12 pieces into one of the prepared pie dishes and lightly press them into the glaze. Repeat the process with the other half of dough to fill the other pan. Set the pans aside to rise again for an hour.
- When the hour is almost up, pre-heat the oven to 350. Bake the rolls for 30-35 minutes, until they are puffy and golden. Let them cool for about 10 minutes. Then invert a flat, large platter on each pan and turn them both out to have them ready to serve immediately! They can be pulled apart almost like monkey bread to enjoy warm and fresh. Any leftovers can be kept for a day in a sealed container!
18 thoughts on “Pistachio, Lavender and Honey Sticky Buns”
oh wow I am salivating as I am reading this post. The buns look delish. I will need to try this recipe soon!
Thank you so much!! Please let me know what you think if you try it :-).
Umm, yes please! Even though I’m living the Keto lifestyle I think I could make an exception for these delectable sticky buns. I always enjoy your recipes.
Oh thanks very much, I really appreciate that!! Yes, these definitely deserve an exception from the Keto diet for a treat, haha :-).
These look AMAZING. I don’t think I have ever tasted anything with lavender oil! How cool!
Thank you so much!!
Oh wow, these flavor combinations sound amazing. I love pistachios and all things sweet. I might have to try this for brunch tomorrow.
Oh I hope you do! Thank you so much :-).
Everything about this…yes, yes and yes! Love pistachio and lavender paired together.
Ha, thanks very much Amanda!!
pistacho honey lavender sticky buns?! that sounds amazing!! i’ve never had that combo before
It works so well together!
What could we use other than pistachios ? My little one is allergie to nuts, not sure about pistachio but I would like to try this none the less.
You could just omit the nuts and only use the sticky topping!
these look so amazing! I havent tried this combination before but it is always a good day for sticky buns.
Thank you! Yes, there is never a bad time for sticky buns :-).
Oh wow! this looks amazing. I love pistachios!
Thanks so much!!
Comments are closed.