This is my first post of 2015 and I am really excited about it! Like many, many people I’ve resolved to work a lot on my health this year and that means lightening up my cooking. Make no mistake though, I refuse to sacrifice flavor and satisfaction! There’s no reason to with dishes like this lemon thyme baked chicken. It’s super light with loads of flavor. Not only that, it couldn’t be easier to make!
I just served it immediately with a slotted spatula to leave the marinade behind since it had served its purpose. It actually would probably be more proper to call this poached chicken since the chicken tenders cooked in a shallow liquid, but it was so shallow that I’m just going to call it baked chicken. More importantly, that chicken was so incredibly moist, tender and flavorful. Marc went nuts for it, and I could feel good about serving it. Here’s to starting 2015 off right! Enjoy, friends!
- 3 whole lemons juiced
- 1 whole lemon zested (one of the ones you juiced)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme leaves removed from the stems
- 1 dash balsamic vinegar
- 1 dash olive oil
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- 2 pounds chicken tenderloins skinless
- In a large bowl combine the lemon juice, lemon zest, white wine, minced garlic, Dijon, fresh thyme, balsamic, olive oil and crushed red pepper. Stir it together thoroughly. Add the chicken to the bowl and make sure it gets well coated. Cover the bowl and refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
- When that is done, pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees. Transfer the chicken and marinade into a large baking dish and make sure it is in an even layer. Put the baking dish in the oven and let the chicken bake for 30 minutes in the amazing liquid. This could also be considered a very shallow poaching rather than baking.
- Once the chicken is done, take it out and let it rest for a couple of minutes. Then just serve immediately with a slotted spatula to leave the marinade behind, it's served its purpose now. Enjoy the light, fresh and easy goodness!