I’ve already talked about the fact that I am not a big sports person. I really love game day food though. It is always so huge on flavor and fun to eat. Plus there is nothing Marc likes better than bratwurst, beer and sauerkraut together. So I came up with these amazing and simple bratwurst dogs to both make hubby happy and make some killer game day food!
It took no time at all to cook everything. Before I knew it, it was time to assemble the bratwurst dogs. I put each of the bratwurst in a toasted bun before I spread mustard on all of them. Then they all got a generous scoop of the sauerkraut topping and pickles on top! Oh my goodness, they were so flavorful. I loved the boozy sauerkraut topping with the tangy mustard and bratwurst. They were perfect comfort food. Hope you all love them too! xoxo
These bratwurst dogs are so simple to make and huge on flavor. They're topped with an amazing, cheesy sauerkraut beer mixture, Dijon and pickles.
- 12 links Bratwurst
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can sauerkraut 12 ounce size
- 1/2 cup freshly grated smoked white cheddar cheese
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 3/4 cup beer
- 12 whole hot dog buns
- Dijon mustard as needed for topping
- dill pickle chips as needed for topping
- Get out a large skillet with deep sides and fill it about 3/4 of the way with water. Bring it to a boil, then boil the bratwurst links in it for about 8 minutes. Remove the bratwurst to a plate and set it aside, then drain the water and melt the butter in the pan. Add the sauerkraut, cheese and garlic and let them cook for a minute while you stir before pouring in the beer. Let the beer cook for 5 minutes or so to reduce, then nestle the bratwurst links into the mixture to cook for 5 minutes in the beer and sauerkraut.
- Meanwhile, toast the hot dog buns. When everything is finished, it's time to assemble. Put a bratwurst link into each bun and spread a little Dijon on each of them. Then scoop a generous scoop of the sauerkraut mixture on each of them, followed by some pickle chips on the very top. Serve them immediately with your favorite sides! Enjoy!